• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s talk some about radiators

US radiator built a radiator for me. Now the 65 runs cool

After much procrastination, and 2 + years of a slow tube and tube sheet leaks and much deliberation, I'm replacing the origional # 2998956 radiator in the '70 Plymouth GTX. What kind, you ask???? Since origional appearance and function is paramount, at least to me, I've opted for the GLEN-RAY unit. Its the 26" replica of the origional # 2998956 using the optional max cooling core offered by Glen-RAY. I'm using the origional shroud, Mopar 7 blade Aluminum fan and the # 2806070 torque drive fan clutch and the # 2946716 Hemi water pump drive sheave and my existing Flowkooler water pump, a 180°F balanced flow t-stat, and 50-50 mix of Dexcool and water. The new rad is 6+ weeks away....the cost is high but relative but worth the expense....to me. I'll have Glen-RAY rebuild the origional # 2998956 radiator with the same max cooling core. No muss...no fuss...
BOB RENTON

Got mine out to them at the end of February, I know it will be worth the price.
Good luck with yours.

After much procrastination, and 2 + years of a slow tube and tube sheet leaks and much deliberation, I'm replacing the origional # 2998956 radiator in the '70 Plymouth GTX. What kind, you ask???? Since original appearance and function is paramount, at least to me, I've opted for the GLEN-RAY unit. Its the 26" replica of the original # 2998956 using the optional max cooling core offered by Glen-RAY. I'm using the original shroud, Mopar 7 blade Aluminum fan and the # 2806070 torque drive fan clutch and the # 2946716 Hemi water pump drive sheave and my existing Flowkooler water pump, a 180°F balanced flow t-stat, and 50-50 mix of Dexcool and water. The new rad is 6+ weeks away....the cost is high but relative but worth the expense....to me. I'll have Glen-RAY rebuild the original # 2998956 radiator with the same max cooling core. No muss...no fuss...
BOB RENTON
The original "fuss" is of course the price - but Glen-Ray is undisputed in being the best at restoring factory
radiators.

Another vote for Glen-Ray. The best there is and unparalleled support.
On Bob's advise I ordered a 26 inch to replace my original 22 inch in 68 Charger. I did not want to cut the car so he supplied brackets that make a 26 work in the space for a 22. Well, there were a few issues. So I call Bob and he asks for my address. I give it to him and he says I can be there next week Can you believe that. He shows up, looks things over and tells me the supplied brackets were cut/drilled wrong. Best rad and best support there is.
Frank

Auto Transport Service
Back