• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lifting rearend

Tighten will raise, loose will lower.

Ok guys looks like changing leafs may get me "up" in the rear, so appears best choice is Mopar Super Stock springs, 2 passenger side springs? Do i need anything else to do this swap? Any suggestions where to get them?
Thanks!

Front spring mount extensions, recommend longer shocks and shackle bushings also

Front spring mount extensions, recommend longer shocks and shackle bushings also
So shocks i have air think they will b long enough, where do i get front extensions and shackle bushings?

Airbags are the safest way to make your car look "cool". Airshocks are what guys who weren't there in the 60's and 70's did when these things were both cool and very dangerous when turning at speed, especially with the great performing bias ply tires of the era. Cars have always accelerated and cornered faster with a lower center of gravity than the stink bug look.

Last edited:
Airbags are the safest way to make your car look "cool". That's what guys who weren't the in the 60's and 70's when these things were both cool and very dangerous when turning at speed, especially with the great performing bias ply tires of the era. Cars have always accelerated and cornered faster with a lower center of gravity than the stink bug look.

Not really concerned about handling, i DIG stinkbug look, but never thought about airbags, I would assume that has to be big bucks

Not really and much safer.
Thought airbags are a result of eliminating the leaf spring setup? Wouldn’t welding new components and refiguring geometry come into play? Or is there a “kit” to retrofit?

To give you a visual, a proper one. I had my springs re-arched +2" and I installed longer shocks. If I remember right they were from a truck or something like that, I can't remember. I've got 15" wheels all the way around but my rear tires are bigger in the back i think they are 275/60-15 or something close to that.

car.jpg

To give you a visual, a proper one. I had my springs re-arched +2" and I installed longer shocks. If I remember right they were from a truck or something like that, I can't remember. I've got 15" wheels all the way around but my rear tires are bigger in the back i think they are 275/60-15 or something close to that.

View attachment 632965
That looks great, but looking to be a bit higher in rear

Auto Transport Service
Back