• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

List your selling dealers name

My late 68 Road Runner was sold at Anacostia Chrysler Plymouth in Washington D.C. on April 4th 1968. Also my 1970 Cuda 383 4spd was sold at same dealership Anacostia Chrysler Plymouth. The 68 Dart GTS 383 A/T car I have came from Eastside Dodge in Indianapolis Indiana.

I would love to know. All I do know is, the car was sold new in Bowling Green, KY in 1969.

All I know about my gtx is,California Car built in StLouis, I found a recite from pamona honda in 1/4 panel.

???

I believe 1948 santa was curious if we happened to know where our cars were originally sold from. Some folks do and some folks don't. I saw this more as a trivia/ nostalgia post than anything else. Maybe I'm wrong?
Thanks Dako.Yes just curious and then also I came across a package of new T- Shirts from one of the Chrysler dealers I worked for claiming to be Road Runner Headquarters, and if someones Road Runner came from there I would send them a T-shirt.

Dead issue for me. Never gonna know.
Seller won't tell. Says he bought from long time owner. Then flipped. First owner folklore was a Viet Nam Era Vet who ordered the car from Germany then lost his life. Thus the Export Tag. (If correct, may you RIP and thank you for your service Sir) the R/T lives on in your memory. That makes me owner number 4. Bought near Allentown in 1988.

I bought my 66 Belvedere II from Peo Motors Plymouth/Chrysler dealer in Tyrone, Pa in the summer of 1967. 2nd owner, still have the car. Rick

Unfortunately the dealer installed metal 'tag' (two holes drilled in the trunk lid with nuts on the studs) was missing the 'C' in 'Co.' and there was just too much corrosion in the pot metal to re-install it on the car. Company is still in business but sells GM products these days.

View attachment 161109

My wife is originally from Hays (her family still lives there), and says that the dealership is still in the same location downtown that it's always been. There's a chance that they may be able to dig up an original emblem from the attic, etc. Stranger things have happened. Worth a phone call to find out, if you want one. Otherwise, someone could hit some salvage yards in the area and probably come up with a decent one.

Cheers!

JD

Buysse Motors in Minneota MN.
Decal is still on the trunk.

image.jpg
Bill Thomas Motors in Morganton NC in 1968, I just love the key case that came with it

My 67 R/T came from Parker-Speer Dodge in Bushnell, Illinois; a very rural, small-town dealership. Very close to my hometown. I purchased it in in 1982 the same town as it was originally delivered, from the original owner.

The dealership had been closed by then, but I was able to visit the retired dealership owner at his home, and he remembered the car. He told me they got three R/T's in 67, and mine was the only red one. And, it was the only one to stay in the area and survive.

Later that year, I was given an original dealershp decal from an aquaintance in the area. He'd been to the auction and bought up a bunch of stuff. I removed the original decal after I bought the car, and will probably install the NOS one someday if/when I ever have the car repainted.

Cheers!

JD

Northgate Chrysler/Plymouth - Tampa, FL

Mine was sold to a Marine at the the Overseas Military Sales Program (OMSP) Chrysler Office at Danang, Vietnam. Pick up was made at a Chrysler Plymouth dealership in Buffalo, NY. The car went to Camp Lejeune outside Jacksonville, NC and lived it's life there until it was purchased by a wounded Marine who was moving to Hawthorne, FL to live with his Dad. I bought it from him and now the car is in the Jacksonville, FL area. I guess it's a Jacksonville kinda car. :)

Worthey's Forest Park Plymouth in Forth Worth Texas..Sold the tail end of January 1968..built on the 3rd of January..As far as I know the car was ordered.. not just off the lot...and has a plaque on the dash stating the car was specially built for Walter C Burkhalter..He may have put it on himself..I have a friend that worked at an assembly plant and he said that they did that from time to time for the customer at the customers request..

Worthey's Forest Park Plymouth in Forth Worth Texas..Sold the tail end of January 1968..built on the 3rd of January..As far as I know the car was ordered.. not just off the lot...and has a plaque on the dash stating the car was specially built for Walter C Burkhalter..He may have put it on himself..I have a friend that worked at an assembly plant and he said that they did that from time to time for the customer at the customers request..

I ordered my Ram in 2000 and when it came in it had my name on the window sticker "Built especially for 64BEL". Not a plaque, but still pretty neat.

My 67 Coronet R/T came from Peaks Motors in Bedford Va.
My 64 Fury came from Salem Motors Chrysler Plymouth in Salem Va.
(I have known the original owners of both cars.)

My '67 Satellite was sold by Weist Motor Company in York, PA. My dad worked there as a mechanic in the 70's and again through the 80's and 90's. It became York Chrysler Plymouth sometime in the early 80's, then York Chrysler Plymouth Mitsubishi (late 80's), then Kia was added in the 90's, and as of 2008/9 are now just York Mitsubishi Kia following the fallout of the Chrysler bailout.

1970 Roadrunner (LA built):
Culver Chrysler Plymouth, Inc.
8777 Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90230
Building still there, now a restaurant supply company

1965 Satellite:
Ed Owens Chrysler-Plymouth, Inc.
633 N. Liberty Street
Winston -Salem, NC 27101
Building still there, now an auto repair & parts business

1965 Valiant:
Chase Chevrolet Co. & Chrysler-Plymouth
316 N. Eldorado St.
Stockton, CA 95202
Building gone, now part of a church
Appears dealer is still in business elsewhere

'67 GTX Kenny Carr, Greenville, IN
'69 Roadrunner - Walt's Chrysler Decatur, IN
'70 Charger R/T - Paducah Dodge Paducah, KY

If anyone has any information on Kenny Carr in Greenville, IN, I would greatly appreciate it.

Auto Transport Service
Back