• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lookie what $5000 buys you....

Installing a unit like this alone really sucks but I am impatient and hard headed.

View attachment 1403414

First off, I answered my own question regarding the foam seal. It appears that once the oval duct retaining collar is removed…

View attachment 1403415View attachment 1403417

The cowl area is flat. It did have some crud to clean though.

View attachment 1403419View attachment 1403420
Muscling the heater box into place isn’t that hard IF the holes in the firewall match the studs on the box. These two did…

View attachment 1403424
…. Mainly because the right side of this patched in firewall is from a Non A/C car.
The stud at the far left end….
View attachment 1403425
I thought I had a hole in the firewall for it but I did not. At all. Again, this unit isn’t heavy but it is awkward to try to hold it, prop it up, get out and attach the nuts and tighten them.
I made a support strap from a piece of sheet metal.
View attachment 1403426
The seal fits snug.
View attachment 1403427

There isn’t a whole lot of heater nipple to grab though. View attachment 1403428
It should be enough…. I hope.

@FASTEDDIE1960 This isn't a for sale thread.....if you are interested in something another member has, either start a 'wanted' ad or contact the member directly. Thanks.

Auto Transport Service
Back