• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for Body Man / Shop in the STL metro east area (Illinois side of the river)

tallhair

Rufus "Mod-hair" Firefly
Staff member
Local time
8:19 PM
Reaction score
Looking for Body Shop / Man in the STL metro east area (Illinois side of the river)

Hey guys,

Hopefully there are some members from my neck of the woods lurking around here. I'm looking to get started on a 68 Dodge Convert or a 70 Plymouth B-body and need some suggestions on a good Mopar experienced body shop or an independent body man. I live in Mascoutah, IL near Scott AFB and would prefer something in a 50 mile radius of my neighborhood so i could visit weekly and haul parts etc, but will definitely travel further if someone knows a good person/shop to work with that will do the car right. I'm NOT looking for paint daubs and NOS type stuff but i'm gonna be picky on the body work being done right after watching propwash's progress and several others member's bodywork on this site. I want the body correct but the suspension and drivetrain will be upgraded with stock looking body and interior.

I'll also need a someone to do a whole body media blast or chemical dip if there are any around here.

I would really appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thanks,

Bryan

- - - Updated - - -

Great, i finally decide to ask this question on a day the Micky Rourke thread hits :). Actually i loved him in Diner.

- - - Updated - - -

Great, i finally decide to ask this question on a day the Micky Rourke thread hits :). Actually i loved him in Diner.

I used Classic Autobody in Roanoke Illinois but that is pretty far from you. Chad Getz, the owner, did very good body work on my 66 Satellite. He is a good Mopar guy and owns several that he runs at local drag strips.

It is a bit far, but I will personally vouche for his work. Rick Kruezinger in La Crosse Wisconsin. He is a great mopar guy, and does awesome work at a reasonable price.

http://www.restorick.com/

Mike

- - - Updated - - -

PS I liked Mickey in "The Diner " too

Mike

I guess bryan cant thank everyone for there help in this quest so he wanted
me to post this

Also, i can only read my body shop thread when i'm logged out so i can't thank the folks that responded to my thread. Can you post a thanks message from me in it and let everyone know? It's very frustrating but some threads won't open when i'm logged in, especially when it's my own thread lol.

Bryan

Auto Transport Service
Back