• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for counter top knife set....guess I'm too picky....

bandit67

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:39 PM
Reaction score
Guys, Im looking for a counter top knife block set, reasonably priced, WITHOUT serrated steak knifes. I have found the steak knife size is the most used of all and gets dull the quickest at our place. Trying to sharped serrated knifes , large or small , is a pita for me. All the desirable sets on Amazon under $200 bucks I have found all have the 6 or 8 steak knifes serrated. Do you know any sets that do not or am I to buy a set and find non matching straight cut singles and combine. thanks

You need the Ginsu! It can cut through a nail and still slice a tomato like this! Lol

Guys, Im looking for a counter top knife block set, reasonably priced, WITHOUT serrated steak knifes. I have found the steak knife size is the most used of all and gets dull the quickest at our place. Trying to sharped serrated knifes , large or small , is a pita for me. All the desirable sets on Amazon under $200 bucks I have found all have the 6 or 8 steak knifes serrated. Do you know any sets that do not or am I to buy a set and find non matching straight cut singles and combine. thanks
I cannot tell you exactly what to buy for a set minus steak knives. But what I can suggest is to buy a very good set and invest in fine steel as they will hold up a lot better as opposed to the say under 200.00 kind. A good way to do so is to start with say a good quality Chef knife and then add on as the budget allows. Do it say one at a time and by the time you have replaced them all, then you will have a long lasting set. Also a good steel Hone and a good sharpening stone will keep them in tip top shape. One other tip here: If you throw your cutlery in the dishwasher, that is not a very good cleaning approach as the heat has an effect of them. Clean by hand with mild detergent and warm H2O and hand dry. Good luck in the search...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

I used to be a HUGE Henkel knife snob but the last set I baught was a huge disappointment, and I paid upwards of $300. The set I have now is made by Chicago Cutlery. It has 8 non-serated steak knifes. It comes in a block that has a sharpener that is super easy to keep them nice & sharp. Not sure where the wife got them. Good luck!
1214221627.jpg
1214221628.jpg
1214221630_Burst01.jpg
1214221629.jpg

Here's Cutco. Top quality and made in the USA. Not cheap though!
1671054828181.png

Agree with Cutco. We have them and they are great ! Excellent quality and they will sharpen them at no cost , just box em up and pay the shipping cost to them.

Can't remember the last time I saw a set without steak knives. They could at least make matching forks and spoons an option !!

Bought a set of Cold Steel knives last Christmas for my wife. She still talks about how nice they are a year later. I saw them advertised in American rifleman, I had never heard of them before
I recommend these

Dexter-Russell 21009 SofGrip 7-Piece Black Handle Slant Knife Block Set
I used Dexter Russell knives for 10 yrs at Oscar Mayer, excellent knife, USA made.
Nice home set for around $150.00
My 2 cents, USA or German made.

Can't remember the last time I saw a set without steak knives. They could at least make matching forks and spoons an option !!
Our Cuisinart set has steak knives that are NOT serrated.

We’re a WUSTHOF family. Great knifes - highest quality German made gourmet knives. Steak knives are non-serrated. They’ve been making them for 200+ years. Must be doing something right..

Thanks, some very good choices y'all have presented. I was not looking at those sets in the $500.00 range so the Cutcos may not make it to the line up this go round, but thanks all....

Auto Transport Service
Back