• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looks like I'm 3rd!

Those M/T valve covers are cool .. what's going on with the black accents .. what did you do?

attachment.jpg

Where did you get door panels, plates , trim etc. for your interior?

Appreciate the compliments!

As far as the valve covers I tossed them in my sandblasting cabinet, cleaned them up and sent them out to be polished. When I got them back I dusted off my airbrush and painted between the ribs with some One Shot.

The interior was another story. Console inserts were from Doug (Indydoc). Very nice pieces and pretty affordable! The trim, door panels, armrests, etc.... started out red, green, black, and one or two black pieces. (swap meets etc...) very minor repairs and then I painted them. Yup, painted. Carpet kit was ACC and seat covers and foams were from YearOne.

As far as the painting thing goes, that was very long and tedious but it worked out well. I work in a collision shop so I have access to everything I needed. Basically what I did was lay a coat of gray sealer with a flex additive down to get a uniform color. Then I sprayed the pearl white over that (which I mixed by tinting an existing newer car formula). After that I cleared everything with flex additive and a gloss reducing additive so everything wasn't "shiny". It isn't a perfect match to the seat covers but it is really close. And with the pieces being clear coated everything cleans up with a damp cloth.

Attachments

• mt2.jpg
    mt2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 318
B&M Pro Ratchet shifter is in......

Attachments

• bm.jpg
    bm.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 304
  • bm1.jpg
    bm1.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 332
  • bm2.jpg
    bm2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 301
  • bm3.jpg
    bm3.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 317
Nice Ron! Got a picture from the top, so we can see how the shifter sticks through the top plate? Looks like your EL indicator is MIA?

Once again, been awhile since I posted here, car is on the road. Track too! Best time so far, (made 3 passes, with no tuning at the track) was an 11.98 @ 109 mph. With 3.23 gears. Going to swap in some 3.91's in the next month or two.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, still need a front bumper.....

Attachments

• 66mc8.jpg
    66mc8.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 260
  • 66mc6.jpg
    66mc6.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 234
  • 66mc2.jpg
    66mc2.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 245
  • 66mc.jpg
    66mc.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 262
  • 66mc4.jpg
    66mc4.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 252
  • 66mc5.jpg
    66mc5.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 256
  • 123456.jpg
    123456.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 225
  • rr1.jpg
    rr1.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 237
you do great work what is the paint name it looks good

I love that car - did you previously post the paint manufacturer / formula? Can we have it, regardless? I love the ZZ1 color -it's what my car is supposed to be.

The previous owner must have wanted a 2nd gen Charger because of all the crap he did to this car including 2nd gen dash cluster, .

How did the PO get a 2nd gen dash in there? Cut/modified the original dash? I understand the metal dash itself won't fit. Any pics of it in there?

Previous owner cut out the center of the dash frame, all the round holes for the 66 cluster were removed with a big rectangular cut. Had to replace the metal dash frame.

ZZ1 paint code, I sprayed it with Spies Hecker.

Attachments

• 2012-04-16_18-02-11_914.jpg
    2012-04-16_18-02-11_914.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 175
This appears to be more of a match to the 66 hemi car that I bought than the ZZ1 on the 67 coronet RT I have for reference...old post I know but any thoughts?

Auto Transport Service
Back