• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LS Swapped 69 Charger

Hi there question. What did it take to fit the 5.3 inside the bay ?? Was there any welding involved or cutting ??

Keep up the good work I’m asking because I’m thinking of something similar hmm but on an e body

Hi there question. What did it take to fit the 5.3 inside the bay ?? Was there any welding involved or cutting ??

Keep up the good work I’m asking because I’m thinking of something similar hmm but on an e body
Just had to cut a few inches out of the k member, other than that it fits right in. Depending on your exhaust manifold/header choice, you might have some clearance issues with the steering box

Just had to cut a few inches out of the k member, other than that it fits right in. Depending on your exhaust manifold/header choice, you might have some clearance issues with the steering box
That’s my dilemma. I probably won’t be able to cut the member and weld. Thanks

Hello and good afternoon,

I really like this setup and plan on doing it to my 70 here soon. Is there anyway you could take more detailed pictures of what you did for engine mounts, trans mount and what trans, did you have to cut the tunnel? It also looks like you put a front sump pan on, what one did you use? Any other problems you had to address?

Thank you and greatly appreciated!

Here's a picture of mine.

20220905_185648.jpg

Hello and good afternoon,

I really like this setup and plan on doing it to my 70 here soon. Is there anyway you could take more detailed pictures of what you did for engine mounts, trans mount and what trans, did you have to cut the tunnel? It also looks like you put a front sump pan on, what one did you use? Any other problems you had to address?

Thank you and greatly appreciated!

Here's a picture of mine.

View attachment 1371409
om%2Fus%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F05%2Fgiphy.gif

Make sure to install a rainbow flag on the roof.. For God sake what is wrong with people?

ads%2F2015%2F06%2FGay-Marriage-General-Lee-560x339.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 1371451

Make sure to install a rainbow flag on the roof.. For god sakes what is wrong with people.

View attachment 1371452

View attachment 1371451

Make sure to install a rainbow flag on the roof.. For god sakes what is wrong with people.

View attachment 1371452
I just prefer to drop 300 pounds off the front, make a **** ton more power, have a more reliable block, and have more access to parts... instead of wasting all that time and twice the money to make less power.

And the flag is staying the way it is.

There is another member for the IGNORE list.

I just prefer to drop 300 pounds off the front, make a **** ton more power, have a more reliable block, and have more access to parts... instead of wasting all that time and twice the money to make less power.

Naa once you go LS you might as well fly the pride flag... LS is for LAME SISSY.. lol If you had a Super Bird you would probably 2JZ swap that. I guess its the in thing to do Transgendering your car. LMAO Its a Charger but it identifies as a Camaro.....

Last edited:

Don’t listen to those dreamers, I support you on this one and if it gets detailed enough I might do this to my 70 e body. You can cry and critique but you can’t beat the LS! Light, fuel economy, parts availability, easier to work on and GO!

OP - glad to see you're turning wrenches and staying motivated. Curious though - with today's car prices even in the used market, since you flipped a 68 and 70 to get this car, where did the seed money for those first cars come from and what do you do to earn a living? And where did your car enthusiasm start - father, mom, brother, uncle, friend?

My own car hobby started with my father teaching me and then he gave me my first car - which was his 67 Chevy 4 spd 327! I later got into Mopars, but didn't get my first and only one until 2010 well into middle age and have been making improvements little by little ever since. It's an expensive hobby that's for sure.

Inbreeding brings out the worst..GM couldn’t build a car as nice looking a mopar for sure but to claim a more reliable block and more power? Seriously you may choose your words more carefully.

Inbreeding brings out the worst..GM couldn’t build a car as nice looking a mopar for sure but to claim a more reliable block and more power? Seriously you may choose your words more carefully.
Well said, 50 year old engines still putting down the power but it’s for weight loss they say. Why not just drop a modern Hemi into it hell, Holley has pretty much everything you need to Hemi swap a mopar. But I guess LS engines can be found in every junkyard where they belong.

This should get those C10 boys panties in a wad...
It doesn’t. That truck is cool as hell.

Naa once you go LS you might as well fly the pride flag...
Maligning someone because their build doesn’t personally satisfy you skips an opportunity to support a fellow gasoline-powered-car enthusiast.

David

We do NOT have an LS forum here. And I was sick of seeing Chevy engines in EVERYTHING 40 years ago!! Don't you guys have any kind of imagination??? Everybody and their feakin sister does the Chevy swap. I'd rather see a 6BT engine in one. At least Dodge built vehicles with the 6Bt engine. Heck, even a 4BT would get my attention over ANY Chevy engine in ANY car or truck. If you can't make a Mopar run, talk to your sister! I'm also surprised this is here over 2 years later!

It doesn’t. That truck is cool as hell.

Maligning someone because their build doesn’t personally satisfy you skips an opportunity to support a fellow gasoline-powered-car enthusiast.

David
My opinions are just that, my opinions. However, I do believe that while most people will hold back and refrain from saying what they think I believe they would agree. Its a forum and its a car forum. There are as many opinions as there are engine types. But, this is a forum biased towards Mopar. And most people are long time Mopar owners so you can't expect them to accept this LS nonsense. Do as you please with your car..

Oh come on I'm not saying he/she/they are anything. I'm talking about the idea of dropping an LS into anything. The LS swap crap is way over done. I have done one but wont ever do it again. The car already had a 4.8 slug in it. Upgraded to the 5.7 all aluminum.

1968 Cutlass.

puke.png

Last edited:
Like the street rodder crowd back in the day. Every darn old Mopar had the usual boring 350/350 combo in it......

Auto Transport Service
Back