• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LS Swapped 69 Charger

If someone wants to do these types of swaps and keep their hood shut along with their mouths, I don't care.
When they post about it, they should be ready to take heat for decisions that most will think are strange, weird or unwise.
Sometimes, being different is great.
In this case, it is not.

that's just ******* gross.
the spray painted black engine bay is a nice touch.
I think the torsion bars need to be removed to make way for a set of coils up front.

Maybe an independent Jaguar rear end would help with handling also.

Looking forward to the addition of the reverse hood scoop with baited breathe......can't wait. :thumbsup:

Can’t forget the 9” ford and GM junk tilt column that would fall apart all the time. Now it’s just LS it....

I had to go back to the original post to see if he asked for anybody's opinion of his build. NOPE! I think back to when I was 18 (57 years ago) and put a small block Chevy in my 31 Ford Coupe. Nobody gave me crap about that.
That is because most Fords suck *** no matter what you do to them.
This is the hottest model of Mopar from the hottest era of cars and the OP cheaps out and stuffs a Generic Motors engine in it. Instead of swapping in a smaller cam and higher stall converter, he throws the baby out with the bathwater.
I am not that surprised though....The OP didn't grow up with these cars rumbling the streets like many of us did.
That may have inspired him to stay true to the family roots.
If someone gave me a 1950s Lincoln or Oldsmobile. I'd look at their stock engine and consider alternatives but they aren't still making cars, their engines aren't found in junkyards, you can't buy any crate engines...Like you can with Dodge and Mopar stuff.

Last edited:
The OP obviously knew that posting this build here would be controversial to say the least, one could argue that this has all the earmarks of just trying to start a pile of crap (much like those who have chimed in about wanting to do the same thing).

Unlike many here I am not a G2 Charger guy so I don't find it sacrilegious but I am also not a Camaro guy and would not support seeing a ford or mopar engine in one.

I really don't think his intention was to "start a pile of crap", he did the build including turbocharging it and posted pictures. :)

I really don't think his intention was to "start a pile of crap", he did the build including turbocharging it and posted pictures. :)
Well that could be but why put this build on a Mopar site, it would seem all of the engine/running gear issues would be better served on a GM site.

That is because most Fords suck *** no matter what you do to them.
This is the hottest model of Mopar from the hottest era of cars and the OP cheaps out and stuffs a Generic Motors engine in it. Instead of swapping in a smaller cam and higher stall converter, he throws the baby out with the bathwater.
I am not that surprised though....The OP didn't grow up with these cars rumbling the streets like many of us did.
That may have inspired him to stay true to the family roots.
If someone gave me a 1950s Lincoln or Oldsmobile. I'd look at their stock engine and consider alternatives but they aren't still making cars, their engines aren't found in junkyards, you can't buy any crate engines...Like you can with Dodge and Mopar stuff.
I can’t agree more. I’m one of those people that unfortunately never got to experience the glory days of these cars. I heard the stories, and saw the pictures, and said that’s what I want. And that’s why I spent all the years, and money to get my car looking like what “Jonny Kool” would have done.

LS are ok engines, but like mentioned, its waaay over done, heck even gen 3 swapping is starting to get over done. However I don’t think that’s the point of the 8 pages of fun here. The problem is taking the pride of mopar guys everywhere and pretty much trashing it.

Here’s an idea, all these people wanting to think outside the box, really dig reeeeaaaalll deep, take one of those crappy Camaros, or better yet a 57 Cheby, and put torsion bars, a slant 6, and an 8 3/4 in it. I’ve never seen anyone do that yet :lol:

If someone wants to do these types of swaps and keep their hood shut along with their mouths, I don't care.
When they post about it, they should be ready to take heat for decisions that most will think are strange, weird or unwise.
Sometimes, being different is great.
In this case, it is not.
Sticking a Chevy engine into anything these days is not being different and hasn't been for a lot of years now. It's very old hat and I don't care what the reason for it is. I'm sick of it and have been for a long time now sure don't care to see it on our site. Like I said earlier, we do not have an LS forum nor do we have an LS swap forum. This crap belongs on a Chevy forum. I wonder what kind of crap would be thrown at me if I posted about installing a gen 3 (or any generation Hemi) Hemi in a GM made car on a Chevy site? Don't have to tell me because I already know. I would be torn to shreds!!! Please take your LS crap somewhere else.

Naa once you go LS you might as well fly the pride flag... LS is for LAME SISSY.. lol If you had a Super Bird you would probably 2JZ swap that. I guess its the in thing to do Transgendering your car. LMAO Its a Charger but it identifies as a Camaro.....
2JZ is a great platform with a big turbo on it and I happen to own a superbird, hmmmm.....

it's like when dad is in the delivery room and the baby comes out black :fool:

1668261039226.png

Like the street rodder crowd back in the day. Every darn old Mopar had the usual boring 350/350 combo in it......
And every roadster had them too.
2JZ is a great platform with a big turbo on it and I happen to own a superbird, hmmmm.....
Mike Finnegan did this to that old charger he has.

:rofl: I saw the show where they put one (iirc) in a beater Charger....again, iirc. Heck, I'm getting where I can't remember what I did yesterday!

Maybe I will do a Rotary powered Barracuda. My neighbor has a 65 /6 car rotting in his driveway. Stuff a 13B into it and go rippin.

That sounds pretty freaking cool! Rotary engines are such a unique cool little engine.
They are cool little engines but have their issues. Apex seals being number 1. On the other hand I do have a Running 403 olds engine and transmission sitting out in my shed. That could make its way into something.. lol I would prefer it to make its way into someone else's engine pile. Its in my way.

Auto Transport Service
Back