• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LS Swapped 69 Charger

Pritchert403

Local time
11:04 AM
Reaction score
Hey all, thought I'd introduce my road race charger project. Bought the car earlier this year non-running, no interior, etc. Someone had started restoring it about 10 years earlier but never finished. At first my plan was to just get it running and make a nice cruiser, that changed pretty quick. I pulled the 440 and replaced it with a 5.3 ls truck motor, which was a huge improvement on drivability, reliability, and power (surprisingly). It's currently getting boost and awaiting new suspension, transmission, roll cage, wheels, etc to get it ready for some open road racing.
IMG_4437.JPG
IMG_4324.JPG
IMG_5299.JPG
IMG_5343.JPG
IMG_5404.JPG
IMG_5430.JPG
IMG_5477.JPG
IMG_5481.JPG
IMG_6396.JPG

Last edited:
Normally I would hate this, I’m one of those purists that believes MOPAR engines go in MOPAR cars.
After reading what you wrote I have to stand corrected. That’s pretty freakin cool!
Although I still prefer MOPAR motors I very much respect the quality of the work and the effort that you put into it.
Well done.
But throw us a bone, paint the engine compartment body colour like a MOPAR, not black.

That is a sacrilege. The 3G Hemi fits in too and won't set you up to look like...well...what a guy looks like when he stuffs a Chevy engine in a Mopar. WTF ??

Hmmm you don’t want my opinion on this especially when there are many more engine swaps available in the mopar world yep a big block is what it is .. but a heck of a lot better than a cam eating belly button... imo I guess here comes the nine inch ford and the gm tilt column and altenator, and the rest of history... in the quest for cheap power I think your misinformed.

Last edited:
love the Charger but really :BangHead:. Oh welcome to the site

There are a few classic cars that you really don't own but only have the privilege to be their caretaker for a short time. I would put the 2nd gen Charger in that category. I think what you did should greatly improve reliability, gas mileage and parts availability. It appears that your swap was well thought out and executed. As long as you don't hack it up, the next owner can easily put it back to stock. No harm, no foul.
Some of the guys can be a little narrow minded about anything that isn't entirely Mopar but don't let that put you off. I would like to see how your build turns out, so keep posting.
So, having encouraged and complimented your build, I only have one question, what the hell were you thinking when you painted the engine compartment black?

I got a Camaro out back might suit you a tad bit better
Turbo ls is bad ***. Just not in a Mopar

LS, cheap and make plenty of any level power you desire. I have a 6.0 LS swap in my bow tie car. A buddy is doing a 70 cuda with a mopar crate engine swap. Going to be watching that one real close. May be next iteration in my roadrunner.

Technically, it IS now a G.M. car so the black engine compartment fits right in with the whole mess!

My friend that lives in Arizona told me about this car months ago. I have not posted anything about it due to the respect I have for the Charger. Atleast he painted the engine Chrysler color.

Not a fan of the LS swapped crap I guess because it has been done more than anything and has become old hat. I do understand the reason for the swap but its just not my bag. On the other hand its not our car and well, do as you please.

I really don’t know what to say about this exactly:screwy: I see all them chevys in the pics and feel sorry for the poor Charger

Auto Transport Service
Back