• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mad Electrical upgrade except....

I like the screw in tab idea more than the packards. Not just because is a stronger path ( as far is propperly attached, clean and tight ) but also because provides an extra junction point.

Its just my opinion but current creates heat, and there are so many things that can add to the current draw on these old cars. Oxidation, pressure connections loosening, broken strands.
None of which will correct themselves but continue to degrade over time due to thermal expansion & contraction induced by the loads served.
Luckily Ive never personally experienced a dash fire, but have seen many skeletons in the junkyards with most damage at the unstrument cluster and/or bulkhead.
If I was smart enough I would figure out how to make the propely sized (ratio) CT to retro fit and use its signal to drive the gauge... but Im not that abitious or necessarily feel the need to know that info.:rolleyes:

Auto Transport Service
Back