• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magums for 1967 Mopars

Really?

Sorry....but he just don't get it

I "get" it, but up until you provided that letter, I had never seen ANY documentation to the contrary, besides, I was THERE when the deal went down. This (NHRA SS/D-SS/DA class) pushed them to offer it after the fact. The only thing wrong was this came AFTER Earwood did the deal with NHRA. He ran the hood at races earlier than the May date indicated, so maybe we both have a point here. At any rate I've learned something, and you're/we're never too old to learn.
Thanks for the info. Maybe we both learned something.....

Lots of nice info. provided on hoods... not sure how that really relates to my original question on road wheels and Magums. :grin:

The whole point was that some parts that "weren't available" were indeed used on these cars. The T/A-AAR hoods were used before they were a checkable option because of problems with the Shakers. They were a factory "replacement" for the Shakers. And like non factory colors, back then the factory would do just about anything you felt like paying for.

Max Wedge and Hemi 4 doors and wagons. 64 Hemi car with steel front end. All things you couldn't get, but ultimately could.

The whole point was that some parts that "weren't available" were indeed used on these cars. The T/A-AAR hoods were used before they were a checkable option because of problems with the Shakers. They were a factory "replacement" for the Shakers. And like non factory colors, back then the factory would do just about anything you felt like paying for.

Max Wedge and Hemi 4 doors and wagons. 64 Hemi car with steel front end. All things you couldn't get, but ultimately could.

Hemi 4 doors were available in 1966 as there was no exclusion for any B body model for the engine option. They simply were not ordered by many. 1966 was the only year that anyone ordered one. In 1968 they were limited to the Super Bee, RR, R/T, and GTX as an available option but a few other B body models were special ordered with the Hemi that was not typically available in.

Auto Transport Service
Back