• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Making progress

Thx Prop.. quick update.. I put a guide coat on it and am 75% done with the wet sanding. Still waiting on the new paint to arrive. Have a new gun: bought a Tekna copper .. the starting lineup just wasnt cutting it for basecoat or big projects... its just barely a primer gun to be honest.. it just doesnt seem to spray a particularly nice pattern at its a hassle with its inconsistency

Looking real good and you sound like your ready to tackle the job at hand. Good luck on the finish man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

painted cleared.... done

much better results this time..LOL

lot of work left to getting it back running but it's on the way.... left side floor is in, need to be welded.. need to cut the passenger floor out and put the new one in.
Seats are in Seattle and I need to retrieve them... anyone have a set of 70 B body buckets in excellent shape they want to trade for a set of 67 with the head rests..?.. in same condition

Attachments

• 100_5050.jpg
    100_5050.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 459
  • 100_5051.jpg
    100_5051.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 440
  • 100_5052.jpg
    100_5052.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 446
  • 100_5053.jpg
    100_5053.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 447
  • 100_5054.jpg
    100_5054.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 445
Wow, she do look good man.. great job! Hope you post a picture when its all done sitting in the lime light! Try posting your 67 seats in the parts section, you may get some takers that way.. You might also PM a member here named Joel, he has a lot of Mopar parts, maybe he could help you there, MAYBE lol don't want to get your hopes up in case he doesn't have anything.. Good luck on the floor.
thumbs.gif

NutzoMullet.gif

Thx guys

Question:?

Should the hood stripe be flat black? Is that what Mopar used? Going with a black vinyle roof as soon as I can afford to have it done.. I guessed flat black before

The factory paint for the black stripe was call organsol and it was made by Ditzer. You can still find it, but it is pricey. It was more of a flat hue. Myself I used a Dupont Satin that pretty much equated to a dullish Chassis black. I've seen some guys use the SEM or 3M textured underspray and then lay a Matte/satin black over the top if you want a real close OEM look.

textured? I didnt know it was textured..LOL

Very very lightly...probably not like you're thinking.....say they walls in your living room or something is wayyyyy more than the organsol. Just call it a step above a flat smooth surface

Ah got ya.. looking for some now on ebay.. not much on there... I'll call te local body shop and see if they can hook me up... what should I pay for a qt? flat or satin black

I believe Year One sells it, but pretty sure you'll have a stroke when you see the price..Last I seen it was around $159 for a quart. I know you can find it at other places. Sorry but I don't have any points of contacts for the stuff.

The good news is there's no pricing guidance out there for interior pieces, so it's whatever they sell for. I've been buying up pieces for my Roadrunner for the past couple of months and seen prices all over the board. I've seen prices for kick panels ranging from $14 to $190, sail panels from $29 a set to $400 a set, and everything in between.

I would suggest setting a budget and shopping around until you get everything you need for the price you want.

Yikes.... I'll look for a satin black from PPG or Dupont or what ever the local guy can hook me up with... or use the hot rod flatz I used the first time from tcp ..LOL

Hey looks much better! Amazing how alittle more time and experience pays off.

Disaster has struck
it nipped the car on its way over it.. right front fender damage and scratch, windshield was not on the car so I now have a small lake in my new floors boards.... it was like a mini torndado hit it.. I had stuff scattered for 100 yds down the street.. but it didnt break anything else and lifted the tent cleanly over two cars and placed it between the house and fence. The tent had weights tied to it as well as having been anchored to the conrete with a nail gun.
I'd have to say I'm a bit not happy about all of this... and its raining out and windy as hell, no way to put a new one up and cover it ... right now I have to sit and watch it get pounded with wind and rain and no front windshield or trunk seal/weatherstrip

Attachments

• 100_5062.jpg
    100_5062.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 376
  • 100_5060.jpg
    100_5060.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 380
  • 100_5057.jpg
    100_5057.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 400
  • 100_5063.jpg
    100_5063.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 392
First off great work on the 70 RR...Second,I'm not too far north in Vancouver,Canada and the wind is hammering everything around here right now.Trees and power lines down all over the place.Best of luck keeping her dry and hopefully you'll be able to get it under shelter before too long.That second paint job came out very nice...

That's no good! The winds have been bad today. We had to drop all our cranes on the job today in Hillsboro, tried to fly some material but didn't go well.
Sorry to see things happen like this to your car. Hope it is fixable without great deals of work. Frustrating tho.
Good luck!

Auto Transport Service
Back