• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Making rear shocks vertical

bearman

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:56 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone moved rear shocks vertical with ss springs. Goods and bad needed. Thanks for any input

I read once why they don't remember why they angled them.

I read once why they don't remember why they angled them.
I have read the stock location was for corners and driveways etc. I see four link and ladder bars done vertical. I was thinking it would be better for the hit or planting the tires. I'm working on the rear of the car and if I need to change the top mount or do something at the bottom now is the time.

Angle helps cornering. It can also help with sway on a 4 link. If you have enough travel its a lot of work for not much gain. My sons turbo car still has the shocks (7" travel) in the stock location with the stock upper mounts. Uses Cal Tracks and sliders. Been 1.38 60ft on 275 M/T radials, 3.55 gear, 3775lbs. I'd worry more about the upper mount flexing if it was a coil over car. But for leafs, I'd leave it alone.
Doug

Angle helps cornering. It can also help with sway on a 4 link. If you have enough travel its a lot of work for not much gain. My sons turbo car still has the shocks (7" travel) in the stock location with the stock upper mounts. Uses Cal Tracks and sliders. Been 1.38 60ft on 275 M/T radials, 3.55 gear, 3775lbs. I'd worry more about the upper mount flexing if it was a coil over car. But for leafs, I'd leave it alone.
Doug
Thanks for the input your knowledge and others have been great help.

Auto Transport Service
Back