• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Math the Easy Way (1960's)?

Dibbons

Local time
10:35 AM
Reaction score
When I was youngster, my uncle tried to introduce me to the benefits of using a slide rule. I was immediately overwhelmed and confused by the brief "lesson".

slide rule.jpeg

I always thought they were cool...and have one but haven't tried to use it since the '70's.
I like this version too:
dSMrA&riu=http%3a%2f%2fupload.wikimedia.org%2fwikipedia%2fcommons%2ff%2ff7%2fCircular_slide_rule.jpg

9E823B70-DBBE-4312-BFC8-6C5D61BEE30D.jpeg

I learned how to do calcs with a manual flight computer E6B. Tough to use while you’re PIC.

I still have one of those "whiz wheels" (somewhere), but I'm sure I forgot how to use it.

high school math add the bed subtract the clothes,divide the legs n multiply

I used a Slide Rule when doing Weight and Balance for aircraft in the 80's before they gave us computers to do it. Still have mine from my C-130A days too. Still the best math tool is my good ol' Brain Bucket...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

I used a Slide Rule when doing Weight and Balance for aircraft in the 80's before they gave us computers to do it. Still have mine from my C-130A days too. Still the best math tool is my good ol' Brain Bucket...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:
A helmet?

Auto Transport Service
Back