• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

On a more serious note....now that the red X is gone....guns involved

Bought my girl friend a new gun the other day.....she's never fired one before but once she did, she fell in love. Think I woke up a sleeping giant!? It's Ruger 357 SP101 with the 2 1/4" barrel and spurless hammer. Was kinda hesitant with it being spurless but since she will be purse carrying, it may be the way to go since the spur can't catch on anything when pulling it out? I do like the fact that .38's can be used in it and will introduce her to the .357 rounds once she gets proficient with the .38's. I set up a short range inside my shop a couple of days ago to let her take a couple of shots and well, not bad for being a first time shooter. At least there's no extra holes in my back overhead door :lol:
You might as well get her a speed loader too.

I know a few guys that concealed carry wheel guns without a Spur... Heard nothing bad about it...

Last edited:
If my Wife wanted to shoot me, she'd just go next door and ask our neighbor to pull the slide back for her!

Bought my girl friend a new gun the other day.....she's never fired one before but once she did, she fell in love. Think I woke up a sleeping giant!? It's Ruger 357 SP101 with the 2 1/4" barrel and spurless hammer. Was kinda hesitant with it being spurless but since she will be purse carrying, it may be the way to go since the spur can't catch on anything when pulling it out? I do like the fact that .38's can be used in it and will introduce her to the .357 rounds once she gets proficient with the .38's. I set up a short range inside my shop a couple of days ago to let her take a couple of shots and well, not bad for being a first time shooter. At least there's no extra holes in my back overhead door :lol:
I got dad the same gun Ruger SP101 in a 4" barrel, about 5 years ago,
he likes the +Ps, did well, he's been shooting for a loooooooong time too

Texas VS California?
In WI people just go in their back yards and shoot at whatever they have laying around that might be cool to see.
Obviously, not in the city. And obviously, only pointing things where they are safe to point.
Father in law bought a revolver that takes 22LR and brought it over(he lives in town) so we could shoot some old bowling pins not too long ago.
Where I am in AZ, I can go 1/2 mile above my house, and shoot.As long as you are far enough away from the nearest dwelling.
I hear shooting in the hills, all the time.

Where I am in AZ, I can go 1/2 mile above my house, and shoot.As long as you are far enough away from the nearest dwelling.
I hear shooting in the hills, all the time.
I hear shooting too, usually around midnight... I remember being able to drive just a short distance & being able to do some target practice... Now the gun has to be locked in the trunk. the mags & ammo are supposed to be locked in a separate container... Cause as we all know, if the gun, ammo & mag all were to get together they could go on a killing spree.... Guns Kill.... It's not the dumbass behind the gun... Just ask Alex Baldwin... Afterall, he didn't pull the trigger....

I hear shooting too, usually around midnight... I remember being able to drive just a short distance & being able to do some target practice... Now the gun has to be locked in the trunk. the mags & ammo are supposed to be locked in a separate container... Cause as we all know, if the gun, ammo & mag all were to get together they could go on a killing spree.... Guns Kill.... It's not the dumbass behind the gun... Just ask Alex Baldwin... Afterall, he didn't pull the trigger....

20240211_162237.jpg

Michelle did the same thing a few years ago. TERRIFIED that I carried daily, because the news told her she should be TERRIFIED of anyone with a gun.

Then she took her MD state handgun course, all on her own. LOVES shooting. Bought herself a Canik to have, and to practice with.

I have the combination to her (my old) safe; she does not have the combo to mine. But she knows where the shotgun is if I'm not home, just in case.

Good on you, keep shooting with her and keep her enjoying it. For carry, take a look at Crimson Trace - they make some nice grip lasers. Hold with a proper grip, they make a dot. Place the dot and pull the trigger, and you make a hole where the dot was. I use viridian lasers on my EDCs (I prefer their green lasers to a red one), but they require a button press to activate; the grip lasers are totally passive. No thought required.

Wife and daughter both shoot handguns. Wife not so into it but daughter is hardcore. Has her own licence and buys her own guns. Hunts, wants to set a trap line on their property. Most of my friends in Alberta have daughters that hunt. And I mean skilled hunters, not just tagging along with dad. I have too many pictures to post but here’s a few. All of the girls are under twenty, except my buddies wife with the elk. She also rides her nice custom Harley to work very day in the summer. One of my Inuit buddies could be a super model and she kills polar bears all the time.
IMG_2524.png
IMG_2751.png
IMG_1386.png
IMG_2370.jpeg

stock photo of the style I got dad
the reason he has a revolver/s, 2 actually now has a Taurus 386 2" snubby too
he couldn't hardly rack the slide on a semi-auto anymore
Gun Ruger GP100 Match Champion .357 Magnum DA Revlover.jpg

Last edited:
The SP101 has a really nice trigger in stock form; they're very nice revolvers to own for sure.
My wife had never fooled with firearms until we were in a "serious" relationship, all those
years ago and she's not afraid of them.
In fact, she insists on having her own as well and chose the P320 Sig (like the army folks) as
well as the Walther PPS2 for concealed; I prefer my Walther PPQ M1 (best trigger of any
polymer wonder ever) and Sig P365 for carry.

But here's the point....
I've had a few guns pointed at me in my time, once by a woman I trusted - so I was a bit
cautious about them around her for quite a while; it's ultimately a trust thing, something that's
been beaten out of me over the years and is therefore hard to come by from me.
I'm sure our beloved Crankster has established that - or that he's honed his Matrix-style bullet
dodging in the meantime. :)

P.S. "Permit"? I have heard of such things.... :lol:

Last edited:
Bought your girlfriend a firearm.......... man, you got courage. :eek:
I was thinking the same thing, better a nerf gun, than lead. LOL..... she must be a keeper!!! Good for you!!

I was just getting my wife involved in handgun shooting with the 22 Ruger revolver with its 6 inch barrel. I have an Sig 320. with the sig stl 900l beam and red. Dot. she didn’t care for it, preferred the 22 Ruger.

Last edited:
I know a few guys that concealed carry wheel guns without a hammer... Heard nothing bad about it...
Has a hammer....it's just spurless.
The SP101 has a really nice trigger in stock form; they're very nice revolvers to own for sure.
My wife had never fooled with firearms until we were in a "serious" relationship, all those
years ago and she's not afraid of them.
In fact, she insists on having her own as well and chose the P320 Sig (like the army folks) as
well as the Walther PPS2 for concealed; I prefer my Walther PPQ M1 (best trigger of any
polymer wonder ever) and Sig P365 for carry.

But here's the point....
I've had a few guns pointed at me in my time, once by a woman I trusted - so I was a bit
cautious about them around her for quite a while; it's ultimately a trust thing, something that's
been beaten out of me over the years and is therefore hard to come by from me.
I'm sure our beloved Crankster has established that - or that he's honed his Matrix-style bullet
dodging in the meantime. :)

P.S. "Permit"? I have heard of such things.... :lol:
I have a concealed handgun permit but over the last few years, Texas did away with the need for a permit....concealed or open carry now. Yeah, she's a bit careless on the 'pointing' it but getting better. I've had her practice handling it unloaded and am very careful around her when it's loaded. Military training for me but pretty sure the AF isn't as strenuous as the others but I also got some extra training because I was a freaking cop lol but it wasn't all that much more. Got a pretty decent instructor when I went for my carry license in 06 and then for a renewal a few years later.

With a crimes-per-square-mile 8 times that of the national average where we are, you're damn right I want my wife to be proficient with a firearm. She's been doing it for 13 years and just as safe as any guy at the range. We even had a friendly competition shooting at a .50 cal paintball glued to a target 100 yards out. Yep, she beat all of us using a bolt action 22 mag.
Got her a S&W 9mm 2.0 EZ. A lot easier to rack for smaller or arthritic hands.

Last edited:
I hope it's not 'that thing trans/Hispanic dude'
the Mass-Medi calls a girl with a gun :poke:
that **** that happened in Houston yesterday
it/she-he got taken out,
with a 5 y/o child (boy IIRC) it-he-she/trans dude had with it,
got critically injured too
give handguns a bad rap
the left always blames the implement/tool (gun)
instead of the mentally ill,
this case trans/dude/cross dresser 'nutcase wacko'
using that tool

Just kidding :carrot:joking
sorry no offense intended @Cranky :lol:
someone was gonna do it, say it
might as well be me

Now, more the reason to carry in that area IMHFO

Last edited:
Has a hammer....it's just spurless.
Military training for me but pretty sure the AF isn't as strenuous as the others but I also got some extra training because I was a freaking cop lol but it wasn't all that much more. Got a pretty decent instructor when I went for my carry license in 06 and then for a renewal a few years later.

Yeah, I figured that out... As far as "Military Training Sir" I was in the Navy.... Qualification in Boot was three rounds through a bolt action 22... By the time I got there I'd probably shot a few hundred squirrels... And countless bottles & cans...

Yeah, she's a bit careless on the 'pointing' it but getting better.
You're saying she needs better muzzle discipline?

I feel some joking is coming your way.

Yeah, I figured that out... As far as "Military Training Sir" I was in the Navy.... Qualification in Boot was three rounds through a bolt action 22... By the time I got there I'd probably shot a few hundred squirrels... And countless bottles & cans...

Didn't do much shooting before the military but did a good bit while in there even though it wasn't regulation :D Yeah, a couple of guys and I got friendly with the arms room attendant and we had a pretty good place to shoot off site at the ammo dump that was about 10 miles off base. Oh man, talk about possible trouble with getting caught doing that!! The only people at the dump on weekends was military police and it was way out of the way and only two of us for the whole weekend. Once out of the military, I started buying a couple of guns here and there. Just can't believe I sold so many when my divorce started :( but I've had plenty of bottles and cans to annihilate over the years but never shot a squirrel. Heck, dad wouldn't even let me have a bb gun but got to shoot plenty with my buddies...

Auto Transport Service
Back