• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

On a more serious note....now that the red X is gone....guns involved

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:01 AM
Reaction score
Bought my girl friend a new gun the other day.....she's never fired one before but once she did, she fell in love. Think I woke up a sleeping giant!? It's Ruger 357 SP101 with the 2 1/4" barrel and spurless hammer. Was kinda hesitant with it being spurless but since she will be purse carrying, it may be the way to go since the spur can't catch on anything when pulling it out? I do like the fact that .38's can be used in it and will introduce her to the .357 rounds once she gets proficient with the .38's. I set up a short range inside my shop a couple of days ago to let her take a couple of shots and well, not bad for being a first time shooter. At least there's no extra holes in my back overhead door :lol:

I was gonna say take her to the range for some target practice....But your just outside Houston.... Take her downtown.... :lol:

I was gonna say take her to the range for some target practice....But your just outside Houston.... Take her downtown.... :lol:
:rofl: She takes me to town quite often!! Pasadena does share the city limit line but I'm on the far other side of Pasadena thank goodness lol. I'm not that far from Houston but it does take a good 15 minutes or more to get there from where I 'stays' :D She 'stays' in Houston but real close to the city limits and about a mile or so from where I used to stay when I stayed in Houston. And yes, she knows I will never ever stay there again! :)

How many husbands and boyfriends are killed by their own guns or ones they bought for the wives and girlfriends? The last thing I am going to do is buy a woman a gun!

Bought your girlfriend a firearm.......... man, you got courage. :eek:
I prefer my GF knows how to shoot... Bought her a few guns, unfortunately living where we do there aren't many places to do target shooting anymore... All the ranges have gone to being private with membership required & five year waiting lists.. Shooting in the shop??? Cops will be stopping by to take you away shortly... Now if you want to go downtown and fire off a few hundred rounds have a blast, the cops will be out having doughnuts till things quiet down...

Bought my girl friend a new gun the other day.....she's never fired one before but once she did, she fell in love. Think I woke up a sleeping giant!? It's Ruger 357 SP101 with the 2 1/4" barrel and spurless hammer. Was kinda hesitant with it being spurless but since she will be purse carrying, it may be the way to go since the spur can't catch on anything when pulling it out? I do like the fact that .38's can be used in it and will introduce her to the .357 rounds once she gets proficient with the .38's. I set up a short range inside my shop a couple of days ago to let her take a couple of shots and well, not bad for being a first time shooter. At least there's no extra holes in my back overhead door :lol:

Let be me be the first to say ………

It’s been nice knowing you. May you rest in peace.

Bought your girlfriend a firearm.......... man, you got courage. :eek:
How many husbands and boyfriends are killed by their own guns or ones they bought for the wives and girlfriends? The last thing I am going to do is buy a woman a gun!
I prefer my GF knows how to shoot... Bought her a few guns, unfortunately living where we do there aren't many places to do target shooting anymore... All the ranges have gone to being private with membership required & five year waiting lists.. Shooting in the shop??? Cops will be stopping by to take you away shortly... Now if you want to go downtown and fire off a few hundred rounds have a blast, the cops will be out having doughnuts till things quiet down...
Right!! Her last husband had lots of guns and she didn't shoot him.....but probably should have LOL. I've been shooting in my shop for years starting about 38 years ago. I even called the cops to ask what the laws were about 'indoor' shooting in my home. They didn't have an answer lol. My shop is insulated so that helps with the noise. Only the the large bore guns make enough noise for the neighbors to be alarmed like my .44 did but even then, no one called the cops.
Don't hang with crazy women & you'll be fine..
She's just as crazy as I am and is probably why we match so well :)
Let be me be the first to say ………

It’s been nice knowing you. May you rest in peace.
Kain't stink of a better way to go!

Almost Valentine's Day. You old Romantic, you! LOL
And I just got my wife flowers.

Nothing says, "I love You" like a Handgun and a box of Choklits!
I should get a job at Hallmark Cards.

1707685780245.jpeg

Texas VS California?
In WI people just go in their back yards and shoot at whatever they have laying around that might be cool to see.
Obviously, not in the city. And obviously, only pointing things where they are safe to point.
Father in law bought a revolver that takes 22LR and brought it over(he lives in town) so we could shoot some old bowling pins not too long ago.

Auto Transport Service
Back