• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Measurement on a 68 front rail

Charg68

Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
Hey, anybody out there with a stripped down 68 B body? Finally getting back at my charger. Life got in the way for the last 5 years. Can't believe it has been that long. Gotta get this thing done before I get my first pension cheque!. I need a measurement from the top of a b body rail at the front end. Close to the front end on the top is a 1/4 inch hole. If you put a solid bar across the rear package shelf and over the window opening sticking out over the rail, I need to know the distance from the top of the rail at that 1/4 inch hole to the bottom of the pipe. Have attached pictures to hopefully illustrate what I am needing. By the way, my cowl is off the car so the pipe I am using is sitting in a little depression in the lower windshield frame.

Attachments

• CHARGER SUPPLIMENT 001.jpg
    CHARGER SUPPLIMENT 001.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 191
  • CHARGER SUPPLIMENT 002.jpg
    CHARGER SUPPLIMENT 002.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 206
  • CHARGER SUPPLIMENT 003.jpg
    CHARGER SUPPLIMENT 003.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 185
  • CHARGER SUPPLIMENT 004.jpg
    CHARGER SUPPLIMENT 004.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 187
  • CHARGER SUPPLIMENT 005.jpg
    CHARGER SUPPLIMENT 005.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 165
  • CHARGER SUPPLIMENT 006.jpg
    CHARGER SUPPLIMENT 006.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 170
  • CHARGER SUPPLIMENT 007.jpg
    CHARGER SUPPLIMENT 007.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 187
Sorry can't help with your exact request, but here's how the factory measured the cars. You should be able to use this diagram to get it right.

I agree that's the best way to get it right use the factory specs ..those sheets are what I go by on every type of resto I do .. good luck

Auto Transport Service
Back