• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mecum Harrisburg storm damage

XS22J8R

Local time
1:19 AM
Reaction score
I was watching some of the coverage last week and checking out forums such as this one, but this is the first I’d heard about the big storm hitting the auction, knocking down a tent and damaging and destroying a bunch of the auction cars.

What is it about classic auto auctions/tents/storms, seems like this has happened before...

Russo Steel auction a few years back had this happen.

What is it about classic auto auctions/tents/storms, seems like this has happened before...
They’re like trailer parks I guess. :lol:
Where and when was the real bad one everyone was talking about 10 or 12 years ago, I want to say it was a Russo Steele auction in Las Vegas that trashed a bunch of high end cars including a Superbird when a big storm took down tents?

A similar thing happened about seven or eight years ago at the Corvette show at Carlisle.

Happened at the mopar nats a few years ago. It was exciting, to say the least. Neither of my cars got hurt, Thankfully... and others received fairly minor damage. Bent up 4" aluminum tent-poles like pretzels. Fortunately, nobody was hurt. It was a catagory-0 tornado hit.

Nats 2019 5.jpg

nats 2019 3.jpg

Nats 2019 tent down-1.jpg

The day before the Scottsdale mess I was looking at the main center tent poles. They were tied to a steel stake with a couple wraps of duct tape?

Wonder if the auction is responsible for the damages?

The guy in the video said that the auction house offered 5 grand per car to have them repaired, not even close to what it will take to get them fixed.

Guess you need to read fine print on contract, That sucks the guy said cars left out in rain for days.

Auto Transport Service
Back