• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Michael Antonovich Orders Mopars siezed from collector

myfeather626

Local time
6:29 AM
Reaction score
I have a friend who had over two hundred Mopars I mean the good stuff RT's SE" Cuda's, Challengers, Convertable 67 barracuda's,GTX's Petty Blue chargers not just one but many with the HIPO Motors Big Blocks Small Blocks all with origional matching numbers he has been collecting for over 30 years. This is in Covina Ca. Here in Covina you mention a dodge ,plytmouth or any other mopar everybody is listening. People are jeolous and the guy that collects these cars parks no less than 50 Mopars in front of his house in the unincorporated area here in covina. (look up the news articles Channel 7) has been sitting on his house doing stories on his hoarding of mopars. Nothing like bringing attention from the neihbors who are already pissed 12 of the cars were stolen a couple of weeks ago. he found some illegal aliens stole them he got the stolen cars back Wow! Now I can't believe the cars the fat tow guys at the police impound have their hands on. Really makes me wonder if he is a collector or hoarder! I can see the neigbors point of view but how stupid when you are warned and don't move the cars just knowing what is Coming when the LA board of supervisor Michael Antonovich is on your case. He's is a jerk he hates white people but lets illegals do what ever they want but that's a whole different subject. I would imagine all of these cars were impounded by Jan's Towing real fricken A- holes or haddicks Towing. Either way I feel bad for the guy that owns them Iam however go to the upcomming auctions.

Most collecters keep their cars in storage..Less chance of getting them stripped or stolen...Most citys and countys have laws to keep people from just letting cars sit around on their property..Especially here in the beautiful republic of calif...Yes it sucks...Yes I think it,s wrong,Yet we are in calif...We have so many rights that we are slowly losing them all...Hopefully the guy can get most of his cars back..Sure you can go to the auction...Most of the tow guys will have snapped up the cars that are really valuable...Then they end up on ebay and they will quadruple their money...This is how the tow business works...
Petty Blue 67 GTX

Not sure if you can actually blame Antonovich. (Don't know him or of him). I did see the report on the idiot box. They showed a black Chally and a 70 Charger. (There was also a Pinto in the driveway, but I ain't judging). It looked to me like a suburban neighborhood and not a rural community, so I would think that if he were my neighbor, I would be a little miffed. It's one thing to have a project in your driveway, (or two), but 50? You can blame whoever you want, but don't you think that is a bit much? If it was just in his yard and in front of his house, ok. He was taking up a good portion of the entire street.
The Charger parked on the street with the cobwebs under it, hadn't been registered since '99. The state has the right to tow any vehicle on a public roadway if it's registration is expired by six months or more. I know that one personally. I'm not so sure jealeousy plays into it as much as your friend abusing his neighbors rights. It is sad that the cars were towed and will have a dubious future, but your friend should have done more to protect his collection instead of blaming it on politicians, the media or the greed of others.

Not sure if you can actually blame Antonovich. (Don't know him or of him). I did see the report on the idiot box. They showed a black Chally and a 70 Charger. (There was also a Pinto in the driveway, but I ain't judging). It looked to me like a suburban neighborhood and not a rural community, so I would think that if he were my neighbor, I would be a little miffed. It's one thing to have a project in your driveway, (or two), but 50? You can blame whoever you want, but don't you think that is a bit much? If it was just in his yard and in front of his house, ok. He was taking up a good portion of the entire street.
The Charger parked on the street with the cobwebs under it, hadn't been registered since '99. The state has the right to tow any vehicle on a public roadway if it's registration is expired by six months or more. I know that one personally. I'm not so sure jealeousy plays into it as much as your friend abusing his neighbors rights. It is sad that the cars were towed and will have a dubious future, but your friend should have done more to protect his collection instead of blaming it on politicians, the media or the greed of others.

and that is what you call "seeing two sides of the story". i read his rant earlier and thought.. "WTF? is he talking about" didnt care to post as I was waiting for the influx of reason.. and rev.. you gave it.

I get a little paranoid when I have to roll one of my projects out of the garage for the day. Where are the rest of his cars?, the original post mentioned he had over 200 Mopars.

I see no problem with hoarding classics as long as you take care of them. But it sounds like this guy was just trying to see how many he could own. Personally, I have room to park 12 cars at my suburban home without affecting any of my neighbors or parking on the front lawn. So that should be my limit. But I keep it to 5 cars total because that is about all I can handle with maintenance and driving them occasionally to keep them running. Couldn't imagine how one keeps 50. Even Jay Leno gets rid of a few when he wants something else. Anything not kept registered and running either needs to be put out of sight or sold. Nice or not, it becomes an eyesore just sitting there with mice living under the hood.

Agree with you there. I got cars, motorcycles and trucks in 4 differnet places.

It starting to become a problem to where I want to sell a house, but what is stopping me is i have 3 pickups and a car stored there, plus a garage and house full of parts and tools. Unfortunately the longer I have them, the worst condition they get from being stored outside.

How he keeps track of a 48 registered, and no tell how many not registered is beyond me.

i cannot see how one guy can own that many cars and have them parked on the street,guess he doesn't care to much about his neighbors.i own several cars and a friend of mine does too but we have ours in storage or our garage and basically keep the ones registered to drive out in the driveway. keeps the city where we live off our butts and lets us enjoy our hobby.

I'm an admitted car whore, but this guy is a DICK. He has no right to park up the street and keep his neighbors from being able to park IN FRONT OF THEIR OWN HOUSE, and possibly cause a traffic hazard by narrowing the streets and/or blocking visibility.

.I know whats it like to have to move cars for street sweeping...we used to buy and sell landcruisers in san francisco ca...We did,nt have more than 3 or 4 at a time...This guy is a nut...He collects pintos!!!Thats wrong...
Petty Blue 67 GTX

The guy's got head problems. Those cars are no different than the ones we see who's owners won't sell because you know, they're 'going to restore it someday'. We all know the rest of that story, the car rots away and eventually gets swept up into a dustpan.

The other side fo the story is that they're his cars and he can do whatever he want's to/with them as long as it conforms with all local codes and laws. If he cars are registered and insured they have every legal right to be there but if they're not............ oh well. If they get towed to the crusher, tough luck.

I live in an incorporated village. No unregistered cars on your property unless they're garaged or covered - period. Just thought I'd mention that I do live in a very hot-rod friendly town. Lots of people here have 'em, we just keep them tucked away when not in use. Protects us as much as anything else.

I'm thinking the guy has serious mental problems. He's 51. Lives at home with his mom. And did you see how many Pintos he had?
Who wants to go to an auction?:icon_pidu:

Haha! I saw the Pintos and was thinking something similar!

I'm thinking the guy has serious mental problems. He's 51. Lives at home with his mom. And did you see how many Pintos he had?

That's exactly what I was thinking. Who in their right mind would have this many cars and not have a place to keep them safe from thieves and the elements?

Auto Transport Service
Back