• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mike Jones Cam designs

Bluefish

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:34 AM
Reaction score
Anyone here use Jones cams? Just getting my sh!t together on my next cam for my 511 soon to have a Indy T ram with 2 750 Thumpercarbs. How good was Mike Jones at selecting a cam for your combo?

Anyone here use Jones cams? Just getting my sh!t together on my next cam for my 511 soon to have a Indy T ram with 2 750 Thumpercarbs. How good was Mike Jones at selecting a cam for your combo?
One of the very best.
I'm a nobody and not around the track much anymore but for cams I wouldn't talk to anyone else but Mike or Dwayne Porter (Porter Racing Heads). I went with Dwayne on my current 505-in-progress based on recommendations from extremely satisfied customers and his willingness to share his knowledge here and on other forums. Plus....he's a Mopar guy! That said, Mike is also worthy of the 'guru' title and you definitely won't be disappointed! Honestly with the cost of a custom being so close to, or sometimes even equal to the cost of an off-the-shelf cam I see no reason not to get custom-tailored cams anymore, even for mild stuff..
(Oh yeah, that 'Thumper' guy is pretty dang sharp with carbs too!:D)

Last edited:
One of the very best.
I'm a nobody and not around the track much anymore but for cams I wouldn't talk to anyone else but Mike or Dwayne Porter (Porter Racing Heads). I went with Dwayne on my current 505-in-progress based on recommendations from extremely satisfied customers and his willingness to share his knowledge here and on other forums. Plus....he's a Mopar guy! That said, Mike is also worthy of the 'guru' title and you definitely won't be disappointed! Honestly with the cost of a custom being so close to, or sometimes even equal to the cost of an off-the-shelf cam I see no reason not to get custom-tailored cams anymore, even for mild stuff..
(Oh yeah, that 'Thumper' guy is pretty dang sharp with carbs too!:D)
Yes Dwayne is good, knows his stuff for sure, but I think he stays alittle too far on conservative side with some cams from what I have observed. Although he was not conservative with my current cam. Dwayne spec'd my current solid flat tappet cam and I think its a great cam for what it is, I just want to try another cam guy that's willing to push alittle further to get the most ideal cam for the combo without being too conservative. I like trying different companys, gives me something to compare to. Next cam will be my last cam for this combo. Yes, Thumper is a friend of mine and definitely knows carbs well.

Auto Transport Service
Back