• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Bullitt build

I finished mocking up the cross member with plywood and willduplicate in aluminum. This design will eliminate the need for the over thetrans cross member. I think with a few modifications this cross member could alsobe used with a stock torsion bar suspension as well.
Thanks
Pat

IMG_7136_zpsw4qo9lio.jpg

IMG_7146_zpsqxd9xxv4.jpg

IMG_7144_zps0v3kpkkh.jpg

IMG_7137_zpsp02k4avt.jpg

Had a friend weld the aluminum cross member for me and I thinkit looks great! With a little adjustment it fit as good as it looks!
Thanks
Pat

IMG_7181_zpsyp1tzt9x.jpg

IMG_7179_zpsdymbdlbl.jpg

IMG_7178_zpsaiakounp.jpg

I add a flange at each end and I need to weld on the endcaps to the original cross member. Also reused the original crush brace for thenew hole I added for the cross member.

IMG_7163_zpsnzxz8qi6.jpg

IMG_7153_zpsygog2e00.jpg

IMG_7157_zps7ofhbwwd.jpg

For anyone interested here is a drawing of how I thinkthis cross-member could be made to work with a stock torsion bar suspension.

Thanks

Pat

27dc9896-969c-4aa9-b374-46db82b7bf64_zpsdhp6vqjv.jpg

Cut the aft end of the trans tunnel and tacked it in placeand now it is looking close to original.
Thanks
Pat

IMG_7172_zpsxde2ooos.jpg

IMG_7173_zpsbm7q9wai.jpg

IMG_7185_zpssfnlogcx.jpg

IMG_7186_zps9gzqtfs2.jpg

That came out really nice, great craftsmanship!

My carpet (trim parts brand) was already trimmed to the original floor and still fit after the mods if that makes you feel any better.

WOW! Just found this thread. You sir are doing an excellent job of fabbing.
That trans tunnel mod was slick, thanks for sharing.

man, keepat, this build makes me wanna throw away my tools and scrap my 1974 burn notice clone project and never touch another car again! you rock! cant wait to see this car completed! cheers :)

I made a shifter cover with a similar shape as an original 4speed cover using a wood block and a press. This will cover will be removablefor shifter access.
Thanks
Pat

IMG_3286_zpskx6vlagh.jpg

IMG_7209_zpsexmngl14.jpg

IMG_7212_zpsa5fy1gds.jpg

IMG_7252_zps1o3h6nhm.jpg

IMG_7256_zpsaby76g8y.jpg

IMG_7236_zpsbyulf65j.jpg

IMG_7230_zpstuq9srm7.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back