• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moles! How do you kill them?

Cncguy1

Local time
12:51 AM
Reaction score
I have Aprox 3 acres to mow. My zero turn mower does this in about 1.5 hours the problem is when I hit a patch of mole holes it about throws me off the mower or sounds like the deck is going to come off. I've tried about everything to kill the bastards from poison smoke bombs to poison worms. My next thought is to drive my car out to each holes and attach a hose to the exhaust and pump carbon monoxide down their holes.

What have you guys done to eliminate the pests?

Fortunately the only moles we have over here are on two legs...

tenor.gif

:D

Sounds like a couple of scenes from Caddyshack, lol.
Moles feed on grubs like stated above. There is stuff that you spread on your lawn to kill the grubs. We tried it this spring and it did help.

lime, kills grubs, helps your lawn too. use powdered not pelletized "hint", stay up wind. tractor supply.

I heard you can take a hose and run it from your exhaust pipe and stick it into a mole hole and gently put them to sleep forever. But you have to cover/plug the other end.

Here is another method

LMAO apparently Celine Dion is a good weapon against them.

Method 3

Last edited:
You have to whack them when they pop up!

I agree to get rid of food source but have you tried using a kill trap I have had really good luck with that

Giant killers sticks They have a fuse . Light it up stuff down the hole then fill the hole over right away.

I think they work well. Just dont use these around wood structures

I’ve had great luck with the poison worms. I use a screw driver to wiggle a narrow hole in one of the tunnels and I use about a third of a worm, inserted into the hole I made so that part of it is still visible above ground and part is in tunnel. I put a marker on the ground next to it so I can check it the next day. The worm is always gone. Smashing down the tunnel at that point will show if the mole died. This has never failed me.

I tried traps, nothing. Tried poison, found a bunch of dead squirrels.got a Schnauzer, no more moles.

My next thought is to drive my car out to each holes and attach a hose to the exhaust and pump carbon monoxide down their holes.
Just be sure to use your carbureted B body classic. Today's clean burn engines with catalytic converters may not do the job.

I have a cousin that used to fly B-52’s. He could even take down any trees at the same time!

LP gas is heavier than air. Put it down the hole and they suffocate.

get rid of their food source,mainly grubs they will leave on their own
GrubX. It takes awhile for it to work. A guillotine stabber, and they're dead and buried. Find where they go regularly. Press the ground down put stabber so when they push ground up and trap is set off. Poison but if you have pets, I wouldn't do that.

GrubX. It takes awhile for it to work. A guillotine stabber, and they're dead and buried. Find where they go regularly. Press the ground down put stabber so when they push ground up and trap is set off. Poison but if you have pets, I wouldn't do that.
I totally agree, I have tried everything and nothing works like grub killer and a stabber.

I've tried everything, poison, gas, even connecting up the cars exhaust pipe to their tunnel. Nothing works. Then 2 years ago a Hawk or vulture (big brown-gray bird) moved into the neighbor hood. So no more gophers. But they also got some of the neighbors' chickens. I live in the Phoenix metro area.

Chipmunks suck too, just be careful you don't burn your house down.... you'd be surprised where the flames might come up over 20' away after lighting the holes in the yard !! LOL
chipmunks 004.JPG
chipmunks 005.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back