• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moles! How do you kill them?

I see we have some real Pyro's out there! Grubs are the reason they stay around. Grubs start out as Japanese Beetles
and they lay their Larvae. Put up some Japanese Beetle traps, and put down something to kill the grubs and they'll
go away.

Go to Home Depot and get some Tom Cat brand worms for killing Moles, the work great. I've other brands that didn't work, but the Tom Cat ones get the job done. Just don't let your dogs get near them.

I let my neighbors cat hunt them and kill them, it's hilarious to watch him sit for hours watching fo the movement, afterwards just fill in the hole and pat the kitty on the head until next time . . .

I have Aprox 3 acres to mow. My zero turn mower does this in about 1.5 hours the problem is when I hit a patch of mole holes it about throws me off the mower or sounds like the deck is going to come off. I've tried about everything to kill the bastards from poison smoke bombs to poison worms. My next thought is to drive my car out to each holes and attach a hose to the exhaust and pump carbon monoxide down their holes.

What have you guys done to eliminate the pests?
Peanut butter on a mouse trap next to the hole flip a bucket over it so nothing else gets in

Pinesol, it is so strong smelling it drive them away. Buy the big jug open one of there holes dump a little in cover the hole with a piece of cardboard or wood, so you don’t soak up what you just dumped in. If you have many mounds go about every 20 ft and do the same, works great for me.

This may work for moles also:

When I was a kid, we had a huge walnut tree with decorative rock surrounding the trunk in the back yard. One day the decorative rock was moving up and down. Dad came out with his shotgun and shot down through the spot that was moving. No more mole after that.

I stuck the garden hose down a hole I found in a raised flower bed in the back yard once too. I was taken by surprise when a mole came bailing out to the surface. Hit 'em over the head with a small gardening tool.

I seen a dude fill holes with a gas then light has a nice pop to it .
Also I had a few my ducks killed them riped there legs right off left the body to suffer !

I trapped a gopher out near the ecological cabin we have an hour outside of town. But before catching 'em, my little dog was trying to make friends with it the day before. I posted a youtube video showing how the gopher and dog got so close to one another they almost kissed:

Kill off the grubs like posted , plus a couple good spike style mole traps. You have to take a file to the points and get them sharp. The dirt under the spikes has to just be fine powder so they can stab through once the pan is tripped. Its pretty fun once you get the hang of it.

The cheapest lawn aerators and grub eaters money can by. All you can think of is killing them both.

My biggest problem most of the time is there are no tunnels just mounds. So they are too deep for tunnels to show up.

Auto Transport Service
Back