• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar green bearings?

Don't go putting a Ferd 9 inch in your car!!! Go Dana 60 and be fine with it.

BULLSHIT!!!!! The only thing a 9 inch has going for it is everybody in the world makes stuff for it.

DANA 60 will take all the abuse in the world and just laugh!!

BULLSHIT!!!!! The only thing a 9 inch has going for it is everybody in the world makes stuff for it.

DANA 60 will take all the abuse in the world and just laugh!!
Well I would obviously prefer to not have ford parts, maybe I will go with the Dana then

Go DANA, you'll be very happy and your MOPAR will love you that much more.

Go DANA, you'll be very happy and your MOPAR will love you that much more.
I'm sold, Dana it is. the fact cass said he can build me a comparable Dana cheaper makes it even better. Still looking at around 2500 bucks for the Dana assembled but it'll be money well spent.

That's about the right price and Cass does know his ****.

Bah. Get what you want to get. Don't be swayed by these curmudgeons here.
muppets.gif

9" is a damn good setup but I have a dana-60 in my DODGE. Dr. Diff has a good cost on those Strange S-60's and they are a dab lighter too!

You weren't kidding, cass knows his ****. Soon as I sell my 8 3/4 I'm getting a 9" set up from him.
Yep, he is one of the great vendors we have for these old Mopars. I buy all my rear end stuff from him.

So I'm leaning towards getting the strange s60 unit, am thinking about the housing length I should get. I don't have the wells tubbed but I did purchase the Inboard mounting set up with my 4 link so should give me a little more room in there. Planning on running a 12-12.5" tire, should I have the rearend narrowed or stock length will be ok?

So I'm leaning towards getting the strange s60 unit, am thinking about the housing length I should get. I don't have the wells tubbed but I did purchase the Inboard mounting set up with my 4 link so should give me a little more room in there. Planning on running a 12-12.5" tire, should I have the rearend narrowed or stock length will be ok?

It depends on the wheels you use. You should get them and mock it up. Mine is narrowed, but I have 14" wide wheels. I'm not running leaf springs either. Mine is not a mini tub, but back 1/2ed. I have a dana & run 875hp so dana a good choice. 9" might give you more choices (not sure never had one) My dana has 40 spline axles, but 30 should be good for 600hp I would think.

So I have a set of the green bearings with my Wilwood Kit that I got from Magnum Force. The retainer lines up to my axle fine but the bearings went in sloppy with like an 1/8" all around. Any ideas or did they just send me the wrong flippin' bearings?

Is the o ring on the outer race of the bearing?

How old is the housing? Could be the ends are out of wack!

So I have a set of the green bearings with my Wilwood Kit that I got from Magnum Force. The retainer lines up to my axle fine but the bearings went in sloppy with like an 1/8" all around. Any ideas or did they just send me the wrong flippin' bearings?

Is that a 8-3/4" or Dana 60? When I went to get a axle seal for my original Dana 60, I kept getting seals they say they fit 8-3/4" and Dana 60?, but the Dana 60 does take a different seal with a larger outer diameter.

It's for an 8 3/4. The bearing cups are some that were at the shop and measured against my old rear end so they shouldn't be out of wack. I'll need to look and see if there are any identifying numbers on the bearing to match up to 8 3/4

It's a sheet metal rear end and new axles

Auto Transport Service
Back