• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MoPar Performance fan to radiator core clearance issue

Meep-Meep

дворянин
Local time
6:04 PM
Reaction score
I just bought the new MoPar fan from Summit and it misses my 22" radiator core by about 1/4". Way too close for my liking. Has anyone had these issues? I thought the problem was that someone had my rad recored to a 4 core (came with the car) but then saw some pics of old radiators and they all seem to have the core nearly flush with the bottom tank. The fan length doesn't seem to be too different from my OEM 68 RR viscous fan so I'm not sure what is going on. What's your story?

I simply bought a diff rad with fewer rows,but there are lots of fan clutch options.

Yup, 1/4" is way too close....

Does it use a spacer? Simply get a thinner one. They are all over EBag
$%28KGrHqF,!lEFI!Mrze9DBSFmSWUHS!~~60_35.jpg

Jaguar fan clutch solves this clearance problem. I have a large aluminum radiator and ran into similar issues with clearance, but I also purchased a universal clutch fan and the car runs cooler than with the previous HD mechanical fan.

No spacer. I just find it curious that the new fan that seems to be identical in dimension to the original has a clearance issue. But I just realized the viscous fan was used with the 26" radiators - at least in the case of my 68 perf axle package RR. I'll look into the Jag clutch, which may be the only way to run a clutch fan with the 22" rad.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hda-2765

There's the Jag clutch Meep. Could probably surf around and find it a bit cheaper, but you got the part# anyways. I had run into the same issue on mine. It will give you about a 1/2" more clearance or so. Lotta guys on 69roadrunner.net are doing the same. You could probably do a search over there and do some reading up on it, if you wanted to dig a little deeper.

Good luck

I just got a new repro clutch from Tonys parts for $200.00.also a fan for 145.00.My car has a flex fan in it now,but I want to go back to the original fan with a shroudhttp://www.tonysparts.com/

the mopar fan might fit the basic 2 row radiator. for the most part everyone has a fitment issue with them. i think 1/2" is considered the minimum radiator to fan distance.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hda-2765

There's the Jag clutch Meep. Could probably surf around and find it a bit cheaper, but you got the part# anyways. I had run into the same issue on mine. It will give you about a 1/2" more clearance or so. Lotta guys on 69roadrunner.net are doing the same. You could probably do a search over there and do some reading up on it, if you wanted to dig a little deeper.

Good luck

RockAuto has that clutch for $32.99 Just search part # 2765 and Manufacturer Hayden.

Auto Transport Service
Back