• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Prices Are Finally Coming Down At BJ

soundhd

Local time
8:46 AM
Reaction score
Some Mopar Prices Are Finally Coming Down At BJ

Just saw a very nice original 1968 GTX Hemi car sell for $70,000.00 at the Barrett Jackson Scottsdale auction.... They have come down a lot in the last 2-3 years.

Yeah, saw it too... I caught a Charger R/T 6-pack & a Super Bee 6-pack go for 40-50K each. I don't know any specifics, but it sure looks like the Mopar market is very soft. Just hope it translates to the stooges that have rust-bucket projects still thinking they have gold.

Good i hope the prices go down another 50 percent.Then the average guy can afford the hobby again.

Yeah, saw it too... I caught a Charger R/T 6-pack & a Super Bee 6-pack go for 40-50K each. I don't know any specifics, but it sure looks like the Mopar market is very soft. Just hope it translates to the stooges that have rust-bucket projects still thinking they have gold.

agreed

- - - Updated - - -

Good i hope the prices go down another 50 percent.Then the average guy can afford the hobby again.

Sounds good to me

Noticed many of the "custom" muscle cars selling higher than some of the numbers matching resto cars?

I would be more worried about PARTS prices going down than cars. There is not sense restored cars going down on value for a while parts still are on same prices. Would make your investment to worth NOTHING against what you spent

71 ragtop hemicuda in plum crazy went for 1.2 million

it was pretty sweet too, as 71 ragtop hemicuda's in plum crazy are wont to be

- - - Updated - - -

71 ragtop hemicuda in plum crazy went for 1.2 million

The original Batmobile from the ‘60s and ‘70s Batman television series sold at auction this weekend for a staggering $4.2 million.

click this to read details ----- >>>>>> Z-Z-Z-ZWAP!

I counted 17 cars that had a reserve. Some of them didn't sell. The Batmobile had a reserve. Barrett-Jackson is going downhill!

One Of These Fine Days BJ Will Price Themselves Right Out Of Business! If I Were Them, I'd Watch Out For Mecum! Up And Coming And Looking To Take BJ Right Out!

One Of These Fine Days BJ Will Price Themselves Right Out Of Business! If I Were Them, I'd Watch Out For Mecum! Up And Coming And Looking To Take BJ Right Out!

you got that right!!!

IMHO, Mecum is a better barometer of the collector car hobby than BJ is.

real world vs hollyweird

There is the most heavily optioned Hemicuda ever produced on ebay right now for a mere $1,999,900.00!!! or Best offer.

Hey, let's all offer whatever our post count is.

That'd freak out the seller. 20,000+ offers all under 8K.

During the time Barrett Jackson is in Scottsdale, so is Almost every other car auction company. They all have an auction. So there where alot of Auburns, Dusenburgs, Cords Hemi cars to name but a few, going over to the other auctions where they had the safty net of a reserve. Craig Jackson didn't want to lose that part of the market, so he allowed some cars to have a reserve. It also helped him out on his own cars.

I counted 17 cars that had a reserve. Some of them didn't sell. The Batmobile had a reserve. Barrett-Jackson is going downhill!

During the time Barrett Jackson is in Scottsdale, so is Almost every other car auction company. They all have an auction. So there where alot of Auburns, Dusenburgs, Cords Hemi cars to name but a few, going over to the other auctions where they had the safty net of a reserve. Craig Jackson didn't want to lose that part of the market, so he allowed some cars to have a reserve. It also helped him out on his own cars.

Makes absolutely no difference to him at all.

This is how it works. You can buy your own car back if it has no reserve and you think it is going too cheap. BUT, you have to pay the sellers fee, the buyers, fee and the sales tax. It adds up to you now having 30% MORE in your car than you did before you consigned it to the auction. PLUS your transport time, personal time, expenses and if you paid for a premium run time. Why? Because you are the seller and buyer and the car is no longer in your name when you sign the title over to the auction company (dealer) just like you do when you trade a car in to a dealer. You are now buying your car back from a dealer and obligated to pay AZ. sales tax at the Scottsdale rate of approximately 10%.

Graig Jackson as the auction company owner (dealer) is selling his OWN car and if he thinks it is going too cheap can buy it back or simply rufuse to sell with no problems because the fees all go to him anyway and as a buyer of the car he pays no sales tax because he is a dealer.

Auto Transport Service
Back