• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mr. Belvedere

Tried out the NTK O2’s, no difference in how shitty it ran. Then I heard the distinct sound of that POS GM regulator/filter whining! Ughhhh! So, I’ve ordered 50ft. of efi hose and a Aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator. I’m gonna fix this thing once and for all! This is the second GM combo Reg/filter that has gone bad and I only used it cause it would be simpler for the owner. Anyway, parts will be here tomorrow and we are still on for Saturday delivery.

I hear ya. Feel for ya too. Must be our Mopars can tell a Generic Motors part and go into to rebel mode. Bouchillon thinks the GM piece is the cats Meow but my car didn't like it either. Not sure what the whine would be from but I'm glad mine found its way to the dumpster before it got a chance. I hope this is the last hurdle for you and your customer. You both deserve a break and your wife can have her garage space back.

I heard it as I pulled into the garage and thought, “that’s not right”! So I shut it off and turned the key, bingo, we have a whiny filter/regulator. That’s was the last straw, parts from Summit will be here tomorrow and I’m glad it happened now, instead of on the owners way home. I swear, if this takes care of it, I’m gonna make those rear Nitto’s cry for their Momma!

I heard it as I pulled into the garage and thought, “that’s not right”! So I shut it off and turned the key, bingo, we have a whiny filter/regulator. That’s was the last straw, parts from Summit will be here tomorrow and I’m glad it happened now, instead of on the owners way home. I swear, if this takes care of it, I’m gonna make those rear Nitto’s cry for their Momma!
Don’t forget to video it! Got my fingers crossed for you zack

Honestly, if this doesn’t work I’m at a loss as to what to try next.

I think there comes a point in time when you have to say you've done all you could and turn it over to the customer. If he wants to own a machine like that, he better have some mechanical ability or learn some fast. He is gonna need it. Soon!

You can do it, just need the Hemi 6 or something to that nature. And then you can use a carb.

Got that shitty GM Corvette filter/regulator and lines out. The new Aeromotive regulator and lines should be delivered anytime now.

CA5E35B6-74AB-4D5B-ABFC-C1D1274F3D12.jpeg

With the new regulator it’s way better. Although I adjusted the regulator, the best psi I can get is 50. So it’s the pump. Nothing that an Aeromotive 340 wont fix, need to get to 58psi. It does run rather well, no bogs, hiccups or stumbling, she straight gets with it. I’m down to 1 code, P0300-random misfire, which I think is fuel pressure related. It’ll be fine for him to drive home and then change out the pump at his convenience.

I’m calling it done!

YESS!!! You can't see me right now, but I'm cracking a cold one in celebration. Mechanics around the world Unite!!!

She will this evening. The owner hasn’t showed up yet. Plus I want to scrub the garage floor, get really clean.

Mr. Belvedere is with its owner and he’s a happy dude! The grin on his face said it all when he nailed it! They are on the home now and the warranty expired when the tires hit the street, lol!!

His whole family loved it, especially his teenage boys! Gotta keep them keys hidden!!

I told him about the fuel pump, so he’s aware that it’ll need to be replaced. All in all, it was a fun project, trying at times, but well worth all the aggravation when I saw the look on his face!

Last edited:
Well I got the call around 7pm. John said the car was perfect! I tell ya, wasn’t feeling to good after he left. His drive back home is about 3 1/2 hours to San Francisco from my house.

I texted him, never got a text back. I was thinking I’d rather be back in a fire fight, than waiting to hear back from him!

He said he stopped for gas 4 times (I could not make his gauge in the instrument cluster work) and he didn’t want to run out of fuel. Car drove better than it ever did, pulled a bit to the right on I5 but he said it was windy, so that may have something to do with it, or the road itself cause it was fine on the 198 freeway. Never came close to getting hot, ran around 190ish the entire trip. No unusual noises, engine just humming along and best of all, no drone from the exhaust!

Other than the fuel pump needing to be replaced, he’s tickled pink! And I have to say, I’m feeling soooo much better knowing that he didn’t have any trouble.

That’s funny!^^^^^

I’ve been following this thread from the beginning. I’m glad it all worked out. Persistence definitely paid off on this one!

I plan on doing a 6.1 swap into my 64 Polara in the next year. Definitely very good and useful information from this build.

Auto Transport Service
Back