• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Muffler Recommendations

The Dynomax Super Turbo is good flowing, fairly quiet and inexpensive. These are what come standard in the TTI exhaust system. They are not stainless.
Magnaflow does alot of stainless mufflers that look nice. I don't know too many people using them, so I'm not sure how they sound, but they may be what your looking for?

Last week, I removed the Dynomax mufflers from the TTI exhaust and installed Walker Quietflow SS (Stainless) mufflers. I wanted a quiet exhaust on the convertible, and not too concerned how they affect performance. These were replacements for an Imperial, and are super long (29") making them a pain to install. The mufflers are not polished, and look like the replacement type that they are, plus they are fairly expensive. Not the best choice unless very quiet is your goal?

I haven't driven the car, still working on the fuel system and wiring for the EFI, so I won't know how they sound for a few weeks.

Wow, I'm a little overwhelmed by all the excellent responses, so thanks very much to all!!

I will certainly be looking at Dynomax Super Turbos, but as I said earlier, they only come in SS 2.5" with opposite offset/offset, and I'm not sure I can use that configuration. Please correct me if you know I'm wrong here.

My initial thoughts was to go with Magnaflows, but by the numbers, it seems Dynomax is the safer bet.

Skewed price and availability are other factors here in Australia you blokes Stateside don't have to worry about too...

Please keep the opinions flowing, and thanks again!

this is my story...all the way to THE END.:eusa_doh:

Flowmaster Super 44 Series Delta Flow

Attachments

• Vito 4-01-13 (2).jpg
    Vito 4-01-13 (2).jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
I have a pair of Dynomax Super Turbos but have not used them yet. Not to thrilled that they are rolled and not welded. Really want to hear what they sound like.
I've always like the deep tone of Flowmasters. Fully welded. Have them on my Dakota and really like them. Have a pair for 3" 40's for the Dart.
I spent 160 bucks for a pair of Magnaflows for my 72 SSP w/440. Fully welded, looks really good but sounds like a 80.00 pair of glass packs. Not happy with them, not for 160.00

I have a pair of Dynomax Super Turbos but have not used them yet. Not to thrilled that they are rolled and not welded. Really want to hear what they sound like.
I've always like the deep tone of Flowmasters. Fully welded. Have them on my Dakota and really like them. Have a pair for 3" 40's for the Dart.
I spent 160 bucks for a pair of Magnaflows for my 72 SSP w/440. Fully welded, looks really good but sounds like a 80.00 pair of glass packs. Not happy with them, not for 160.00

I have a friend with a pair of Magnaflows and spiral flow resonators on his 289 Mustang, and it sounds OK (for a 289 Mustang). Without the resonators though it was too loud for his liking.

Thanks for the pic Sonny, looks very nice, but I need some words to know what mufflers you have and how they sound like...

I have a magnaflow on my Ram and had to add a resonator to quiet down the drone it had. The truck sounded excellent but had highway drone. The Coronet got a set of chambered mufflers from summit (imco knock offs) and I love their sound. I haven't been able to drive it much but up and down the street they seem pretty good and not crazy loud.

I'm with you on the Flowmasters, like the way they sound. I have a Flowmaster that is 19 years old and has been on 2 different vehicles. Looks like new and sounds like the day it was pulled out of the box. Like the turbo mufflers, they do get louder over time, the fiberglass packing burns out then your left with a loud muffler. The Dynomax's sound nice but I prefer the Flowmaster sound.

here's one to try. on the inexpensive side are Summit street &strip mufflers 2&1/4" I put them on my 65 satellite . it has a nice sound to it. my cousin has a 40 ford 383 stroker w/ flowmasters on it and my 65 sounds as good. and the Summit mufflers are @ $30.00 ea.

I used Flowpro 2 1/2 in and out tube style mufflers on my 62. You feel my 440 as well as here it when you stand beside the car, but reasonable in side and no drone at highway speeds.

installed a pair of Magnaflow mufflers yesterday ,,, 440 cui HP with HP Manifolds and EDE CAM.. The sound is perfect for me..
not to loud.... and I don´t have a drone while cruising

installed a pair of Magnaflow mufflers yesterday ,,, 440 cui HP with HP Manifolds and EDE CAM.. The sound is perfect for me..
not to loud.... and I don´t have a drone while cruising

Wahoo! Another Magnaflow guy! :)

I`m a Flowmaster 40`s guy :grin:

[video=youtube;DflYO9NISII]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DflYO9NISII[/video]

Auto Transport Service
Back