• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Multi process welders

Roger63

Local time
1:21 AM
Reaction score
I need to replace my 20 year old Millermatic it has finally kicked the bucket. I started searching for a multi process welder since I never work with anything over 1/4 inch thick. Damn there is a bunch of them out there and all made in China. Which ones have y'all got and how about an opinion.
As always thanks.

I need to replace my 20 year old Millermatic it has finally kicked the bucket. I started searching for a multi process welder since I never work with anything over 1/4 inch thick. Damn there is a bunch of them out there and all made in China. Which ones have y'all got and how about an opinion.
As always thanks.
Your Miller is 10X better than the Chinese welders made nowadays. Get it repaired.

As always thanks.
I have a Miller Thunderbolt 225 and a Lincoln 180 MigPak. Except for very thin metal the Miller is easiest to use. The Mig is excellent for thin and up to 1/4 inch but is not as handy with loading and adjusting the reel and having the air tank etc. My Miller is 42 years old. The Mig is just 5 years and is currently available. I do have an acetylene set up as well but only use it for cutting.

I can buy a new one for what they want to repair it.
The Miller is still a better welder. The cheap ones have aluminum wound transforms where as the Miller is copper wound. Interesting that there are parts available for the Millet. Not so with the MIC ones. They are throw aways. A Wal Mart Welder. Use it until it craps out and throw it away and buy a new one.

The Miller is still a better welder. The cheap ones have aluminum wound transforms where as the Miller is copper wound. Interesting that there are parts available for the Millet. Not so with the MIC ones. They are throw aways. A Wal Mart Welder. Use it until it craps out and throw it away and buy a new one.
I should have said that I can buy a new miller for the price of repair. I just don't one that big anymore.

I got this July 2021 as an upgrade from my Miller 35. I put a Benard gun on the 35 and its not the best for getting in tight spots and does not allow the use of smaller wire.
This Miller multi process does Mig, Tig and stick. I bought the cart from Harbor Freight and pealed the Vulcan decals off and put Miller
decals on it. I have no regrets, it works great. If was to change anything I would buy a longer mig gun cables.

miller multi process.jpg

1miller.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back