• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals 2012 MCACN Chicago Show

Bashton

Local time
10:25 AM
Reaction score
Never too early to make some plans!

We are well underway with plans for our 4th annual Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals show in the Chicago area. For those who don't know, we have quickly established ourselves as an outstanding specialty event devoted specifically to the very best Muscle Cars and Corvettes. For those of you who have participated, we sincerely thank you for allowing us to host this event.

In our first three years, we hosted over 500 high quality cars, last year from 27 states and 3 country's. This is a mixed make event with the emphasis being placed on attracting the best and the rarest of ALL makes.

For the Mopar community, we have expanded our Mopar presence substantially with each year and will do that again in 2012 with several special displays featuring Mopars.

This will include our Aero Warriors Invitational, featuring Superbirds, Daytona's and Charger 500's along with Talledega's, Cyclone Spoilers and Spoiler II's.

We will also have the "Trans Am Terrors" display, featuring AAR's and T/A's along with Z/28's, Pontiac Trans Ams, Boss 302's and others.

A Super Bee gathering will feature Bee's from 68-71, both stock and modified.

A very special gathering of "Top Dawg" convertibles callled "Topless Terrors" will be featured, with our first entry being a real-deal FC7 Hemi Challenger R/T convertible.

Anniversary displays will include our "Class of 1972" and also the "Class of '62" both open to Mopars, with several choice cars already signed up.

We welcome all quality muscle cars and I personally LOVE the unusual, whether restored, unrestored or pulled out of the barn, Let's see what you have!

We also have a 148 space swap meet and several sections for selling your Mopar. Spaces start at just $100 and we sell out well in advance each year.

Please check out our website www.mcacn.com and feel free to e-mail me directly at [email protected] or call me any time; 586-549-5291.

This is a show run by enthusiasts for the enthusiasts! We have hundreds of pics on our website, so please check it out and consider joining us, either as a participant or as a spectator, november 17-18 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL, near the O'Hare airport.

Thanks!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Sound like fun, take lots of pitchers for us here... Kind of too far to go for me though...

I'll be there! A group of us from work have made it an annual event. We take our sons and head down and have a blast. I've got a 72 sebring plus, it wont be there but I do get ideas and try to find anything mopar. I dont recall seeing a parts swap meet section there before. See you there !! HOWARD

Sound like fun, take lots of pitchers for us here... Kind of too far to go for me though...

We have Reliable trucks filling up already from California and the show is literally a 5 minute shuttle ride door to door from O'Hare Airport.

Worth the effort!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

I'll be there! A group of us from work have made it an annual event. We take our sons and head down and have a blast. I've got a 72 sebring plus, it wont be there but I do get ideas and try to find anything mopar. I dont recall seeing a parts swap meet section there before. See you there !! HOWARD

We have a 148 spot automotive swap area in the back hall that always sells out a month or so in advance. 10x10 spots are just $100.

Some people are so distracted by the cars, they never make it into the swap area!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Our Aero Warriors and Super Bee special displays are really taking off in a BIG way.

More on this later....

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

"We will also have the "Trans Am Terrors" display, featuring AAR's and T/A's along with Z/28's, Pontiac Trans Ams, Boss 302's and others." This is why I don't go to these shows. None of these cars were classified as muscle cars. They were all classified as pony cars as they were all either Mustangs or built using the long front deck, short rear deck Mustang concept... hence their classification. They weren't reclassified as muscle cars until their owners decided "pony" didn't sound manly enough.

I guess we can at least be thankful the Corvette folks are smart enough to know vettes aren't muscle cars either. They are sports cars.

"We will also have the "Trans Am Terrors" display, featuring AAR's and T/A's along with Z/28's, Pontiac Trans Ams, Boss 302's and others." This is why I don't go to these shows. None of these cars were classified as muscle cars. They were all classified as pony cars as they were all either Mustangs or built using the long front deck, short rear deck Mustang concept... hence their classification. They weren't reclassified as muscle cars until their owners decided "pony" didn't sound manly enough.

I guess we can at least be thankful the Corvette folks are smart enough to know vettes aren't muscle cars either. They are sports cars.

I would have to respectfully disagree with you. Dropping a Boss 429 into a Mustang, a Hemi into an e-body, a ZL1 427 into a Camaro, an SD 455 into a Firebird or any number of high compression high horse engines into a Corvette certainly qualifies them as Muscle Cars...in my opinion, anyway, for whatever that is worth! :headbang:

Please consider joining us....there is a whole lot that can be learned by seeing REAL muscle, regardless of what body it is!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Happy to announce Buddy Martin and Diane Sox will be joining us.

We will also have the real '67 S&M GTX and '68 S&M Barracuda on display along with a very significant S&M related Cuda.

Just keeps getting bettter and better!

Oh...and our count for Superbirds, Daytona's and Charger 500's is currently at 18.

And did I mention the row of e-body convertibles, (all never shown with us before) that are coming?

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

I might try and bring the Vert, sounds like a nice show. Hopefully I'll have the top done by then. Guess I don't need it since it is in doors and I'll trailer it. (if I make the cut that is....lol) Less than 2 hours for me.

I might try and bring the Vert, sounds like a nice show. Hopefully I'll have the top done by then. Guess I don't need it since it is in doors and I'll trailer it. (if I make the cut that is....lol) Less than 2 hours for me.

What do you have? We are hosting our Sherman Parts "Going Topless" convertible display and Mopar will be well represented with a '68 Hemi GTX, a pair of '69 Runners, a '70 440+6 Runner that will be unveiled Saturday morning, '70 Hemi Challenger, '71 Challenger, and a whole row of '70 and '71 Cuda's.

Can never have too many Mopar convertibles! :headbang:

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

"Going Topless" convertible display? Sounds like a great idea for November... I saw the "topless" ad in your magazine for the show. Is Sherman Parts bringing the topless model from the advertisement? Might warm things up on a November day.... If so I'm bringing my camera..... :)

What do you have? We are hosting our Sherman Parts "Going Topless" convertible display and Mopar will be well represented with a '68 Hemi GTX, a pair of '69 Runners, a '70 440+6 Runner that will be unveiled Saturday morning, '70 Hemi Challenger, '71 Challenger, and a whole row of '70 and '71 Cuda's.

Can never have too many Mopar convertibles! :headbang:

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

I have a restored 65 Coronet 500 Convertible with dual quad poly 318...In avitar photo....7 year project just finishing...would love to make it's Debut at this car show........restoration thread below,,,

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...143-My-65-Coronet-Vert-Restoration-transplant

"Going Topless" convertible display? Sounds like a great idea for November... I saw the "topless" ad in your magazine for the show. Is Sherman Parts bringing the topless model from the advertisement? Might warm things up on a November day.... If so I'm bringing my camera..... :)

Jim and the Sherman crew will indeed be at the show. As for the model, well...not topless.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

- - - Updated - - -

I have a restored 65 Coronet 500 Convertible with dual quad poly 318...In avitar photo....7 year project just finishing...would love to make it's Debut at this car show........restoration thread below,,,

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...143-My-65-Coronet-Vert-Restoration-transplant

Sweet looking car; thanks for entering! We'll see you next month and we appreciate you choosing our show as the place for your 65's debut.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

You need one of theses if your going topless :)

Attachments

• ians dadcdcdcjhdfrdf.jpg
    ians dadcdcdcjhdfrdf.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 362
As far as the Bee Hive is concerned, are you looking for any Super Bees? Or do they have to be pristine, showroom, numbers matching cars? My black Super Bee is about an hour away from O'hare but is not a numbers matching car (rather an A12 wannabe, but I love it that way). She's gotten trophies in every show she's been in this year, and got first place this past Sunday in her "1960 stock class."

IMG_4033_2.jpg

Well yes that is one hot topless car. Sexy for sure.. Not exactly what I had in mind, was leaning more towards the bunny in the ad. However, bring that car and maybe we can get her to pose in you bird convert like the ad shows.... lol

As far as the Bee Hive is concerned, are you looking for any Super Bees? Or do they have to be pristine, showroom, numbers matching cars? My black Super Bee is about an hour away from O'hare but is not a numbers matching car (rather an A12 wannabe, but I love it that way). She's gotten trophies in every show she's been in this year, and got first place this past Sunday in her "1960 stock class."
View attachment 85631

Awesome looking car! Although our Bee Hive display is restricted to only real-deal originals, I would still love to see your car in the show. This would be a neat addition to our Mopar Collectors Guide/Chicagoland Mopar Connection Mopar Alley area, especially since you are somewhat local, and can be entered in either Street Stock/Modified or Non Comp/Display Only.

Here is a direct link to sign up; https://www.jotform.com/form/91852225146

We are down to about 25-30 spots, so if you can join us, please sign up asap. Certainly a Bad-*** Bee!

Thanks;

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Where else can you get a room around there. It looks like all the hotel rooms in the area are sold out unless I am missing something? Well, ok an affordable room... Lol

Auto Transport Service
Back