• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 64 Polara Gen3 Hemi Build

Just read this beginning to end... what a roller coaster! I agree in thinking your engine and efi set-up would have been a no-brainer for someone to grab... I would have been all over that if it was an option before I ordered my crate and if I were much much closer!

Amazing work and baddass car brother!
Thanks. Old motor gets a new owner tomorrow. I have most of the gen 3 stuff sitting here.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Gen3 motor should ship next month. Gathering up incidentals now. Can't wait to put the gen3 motor in it.

Nah, he'll change the engine "AGAIN".....V10 maybe?

Well if that's all that is holding up the progress then come get mine that I "rat holed" for my Charger and I will replace it with yours when it gets here.

Well if that's all that is holding up the progress then come get mine that I "rat holed" for my Charger and I will replace it with yours when it gets here.
ill take ya up on that. I can get to fab work that way

I got the trans adapter from Greg at Phoenix. I will play around with fitment over the next few days. A lot of stuff to figure out from here

looking good Brian. Sure will be nice to get settled on your engine.

Greg is a good guy. Ive known him for several years now. He always takes good care of me.

The 6.4 jeep manifolds came in Friday. These are what we will be hanging the turbo(s) off of. They look like there is more than enough air that can be pushed through them.

tydypa5u.jpg
abu9u9u3.jpg

Do all the 6.4's use a cast manifold as opposed to the stainless manifolds on the 6.1? or is that just a Jeep thing?

its a jeep thing, cars use the same shorty headers in a clam shell as all the 6.1 cars.

Thanks, I have a set of both passenger car and Jeep 6.1 manifolds to try and use on my swap, I'm told the Jeep are a better fit

Greg since you have to rebuild that motor anyway you might as well forge it and add some boost :)

There's so many changes over the last year that I'm going to start a new thread in the builds section. Let this one serve as a reminder to measure twice and cut once.

Greg since you have to rebuild that motor anyway you might as well forge it and add some boost :)

By the time I finish this car I will be too old and feeble to handle all that power and still retain bladder control, the 6.1 with mild upgrades will be all the engine I will need thrill me.

Auto Transport Service
Back