• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 64 Polara Gen3 Hemi Build

This thread looks Familiar ... Hmm ...

Here's my 64 with a coil-near-plug EFI HEMI

InOldTownColumbia1000pixs.jpg
Yup. I appreciate all the help. I got the intake pretty well buttoned up today. Im going to fire it up on the ez efi for now. I am waiting on the dual sync and some one off stuff I still need to make.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Attachments

• photo_001.jpg
    photo_001.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 325
Started back up pretty easily. Having a com issue with tcm but I'm sure it will be easily resolved.

Lots of cleaning up to do as well

Attachments

• photo_001.jpg
    photo_001.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 321
  • photo_002.jpg
    photo_002.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 321
So that is the motor you have for sale? Does all the EFI equipment come with it? GLWS

Yeah, I haven't bothered to tidy up all the wiring yet. I thought it would be a no brainer deal for someone. it would be easy to spend 15k or more doing this setup on your own. I may just keep it and stuff the turbo motor in something else. I need to find something really odd ball to stuff that turbo motor in. It should make 1000 on pump gas

I'll let you keep that turbo motor in my Charger in the mean time! Wish I had the cash.
Want to do a cheap EFI set up, (don't we all). Have read a few things about an LS setup, the nuts and bolts of the project don't bother me so much it's getting a tune on the LS computer that's got me a nervous. I'd have to do some learning.

I'll let you keep that turbo motor in my Charger in the mean time! Wish I had the cash.
Want to do a cheap EFI set up, (don't we all). Have read a few things about an LS setup, the nuts and bolts of the project don't bother me so much it's getting a tune on the LS computer that's got me a nervous. I'd have to do some learning.

Im pretty sure you would get strung up for putting a LS in an old mopar. Why not a Gen3 hemi. I can tune it for you remotely. I do a couple hundred of em a year.

Im pretty sure you would get strung up for putting a LS in an old mopar. Why not a Gen3 hemi. I can tune it for you remotely. I do a couple hundred of em a year.

No, no, no...not putting an LS motor in my Charger just using the GM computer. A member over on moparts (sorry) did a 440 in a Challenger. He listed the pin-outs of the LS computer and which wires need to be swapped for the firing order differences, computers can be had for $40. Injectors for my mild setup are all over the place for cheap. I would modify my manifold for injector bungs and buy a throttle body. Ignition would be coil near plug, tone ring from an LS mounted on the balancer pulleys. Cam position sensor from a Jeep 6 cyl.
All the parts are fairly cheap and easy to come by if you scrounge. Like I said the only problem is that I don't know enough about getting the tune on the computer, but I could learn.
Don't get me wrong, the 3G conversions are way cool, but not for me. For one it's too spendy, 5.7's and 6.1's are high dollar up here. I still like a big block, and want to work with what I have.
Tuning it remotely boggles my mind! Pretty cool stuff your doing, my hats off to you.

That is cool stuff. Thanks for the link

After all the changes in process with this build I am going back to the original intent, a gen3 hemi. The big block is too much effort for too little return. I love old big blocks dont get me wrong. My sweet spot is really the gen3 hemi. I really enjoy the tinkering. I don't mind spending money to play.

Here is the plan as of right now

5.7 Hemi block
4.05 callies crank
3.947 bore with forged rods and pistons with arp bolts
6.1 CNC heads
Magnacharger with 12-15PSI
Main studs, head studs
I will grind a custom cam for it
should make great power, gobs of torque, and get pretty good mileage around town.

The trick to these maggie setups is the cooling system. They are intercoled so high volume pump, heat exchanger, and a cooler with enough volume to keep the fluid cool. Generally speaking my thoughts on old roots blowers is they suck. The newer intercooled versions are pretty capable.

He switches engines like we change socks, lol!!

I have no timetable for the build. I want it to end up being something I LOVE driving. Its probably the cleanest and straightest early 60's car I have ever seen so I think it is a great platform to play with.

No matter how long it takes to finish, it will probably still be done before my Charger...:yes:

Bye bye big block. Hello gen3 Hemi

Attachments

• photo_001.jpg
    photo_001.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 193
Just read this beginning to end... what a roller coaster! I agree in thinking your engine and efi set-up would have been a no-brainer for someone to grab... I would have been all over that if it was an option before I ordered my crate and if I were much much closer!

Amazing work and baddass car brother!

Auto Transport Service
Back