• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 68 Charger - A Work In Progress

Yea, headers are a bitch. Wish the wires were longer as it's pretty tight. At some point I'd love to do that.

Not sure about the coupler. Can you circle the area your talking about. The hose isn't right up against it, probably the shot angle.
Picture angle makes sense......It is the piece between the steering shaft end and the box....it is circular....

Check out those threads on aftermarket wire brackets here....just search it.....It may clean things up a bit......and stabilize the wires better

I am a fan of the cast iron HP manifolds.....no rush at this point....might be a future winter project etc......

Busy night tonight. Got my shipment from Eastwood of Primer & Zinc Phosphate, Thanks for the info Justin!. Cleaned the parts & then painted them. Installed everything & had enough time to stop in to the 1st local car show of the year.

Tomorrow my Turquoise engine paint arrived from Bill Hirsh. That project will have to wait a bit as it says you can't start the engine up for 2 weeks as the paint cures.

Big car show on Sat at a local HS!
IMAG2425.jpg
IMAG2426.jpg
IMAG2427.jpg
IMAG2428.jpg
IMAG2429.jpg
IMAG2433.jpg
IMAG2434.jpg
IMAG2436.jpg
IMAG2437.jpg
IMAG2438.jpg

Turquoise engine paint from Bill Hirsh came in on Friday, so I spent this afternoon painting using a foam brush. Once everything is dry I'll post a pic of everything back together.

Before

IMAG2389.jpg
IMAG2390.jpg
IMAG2392.jpg
IMAG2393.jpg
IMAG2394.jpg
IMAG2397.jpg

Thanks! I'm having a blast working on a few things at a time, especially since the weather was nice this weekend.

Everything is looking good all brightened up!

Thanks! I'm having a blast working on a few things at a time, especially since the weather was nice this weekend.
I'm hoping for some cooler weather. We have already been in the 90's this week and it has been feeling hot.

Not much done today except fired up the engine for the 1st time since I painted it last Sunday. Also sprayed the chrome breather caps black. Took the wife out to a burger joint for lunch and then spent the day working around the yard.

IMAG2480.jpg

Getting there, but you're going to have to do something about that latch tray. BTW, what's those two cylindrical things?

imag2439-jpg.jpg

Thanks Mark! I'm doing the best I can. Please help me understand what's wrong about the latch tray, so I can correct it. I believe what your referring to is the accessory vacuum pump. I was hardly pulling any vacuum as 2 owners ago installed the purple cam. I could barely stop the car.

Getting there, but you're going to have to do something about that latch tray. BTW, what's those two cylindrical things?

View attachment 603312

Lighting.....ok, you're forgiven. Still, paint the latch tray satin or semi-gloss black.

Auto Transport Service
Back