• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 68 Charger - A Work In Progress

Don't forget to put new gaskets on the wiper pivots while they are easily accessible.

As far as my car goes it's been pretty quiet but the 1st week of Nov I was told I was being laid off due to company reorganization. This is the 4th time to happen to me in the last 20 years. As Dec came to a close my boss asked me if I would stay on till the end of Jan as they weren't ready to let me go yet, so I stayed on.

Since Nov, I've applied to a lot of jobs but only 1 called me in for an interview. After 1 month & 2 interviews with them they decided to go with someone else. The great news is I accepted a job from one of my vendors (who owns the company) on Thurs. I'm indebted to him & can't thank him enough for offering me a job. He's a car buff as well and stores his cars at the shop. My commute is now 11 min's vs a 1hr commute. I'm making more money and my hours are now 8-4:30 vs 8:30-5.

The printing industry isn't what it used to be 5, 10, 20 years ago.

Send me your address and I'll be glad to send them to you.

Wondering what you have been up to! Seems like you have been busy.....

Be nice to see the parts back from DM with pictures....

If you dont want those U joints I will take them from you...

Thanks!

Coming along nicely!

Thanks for the advice! Don't need any water potentially getting in & shorting out the newly restored panel.

Don't forget to put new gaskets on the wiper pivots while they are easily accessible.

As far as my car goes it's been pretty quiet but the 1st week of Nov I was told I was being laid off due to company reorganization. This is the 4th time to happen to me in the last 20 years. As Dec came to a close my boss asked me if I would stay on till the end of Jan as they weren't ready to let me go yet, so I stayed on.

Since Nov, I've applied to a lot of jobs but only 1 called me in for an interview. After 1 month & 2 interviews with them they decided to go with someone else. The great news is I accepted a job from one of my vendors (who owns the company) on Thurs. I'm indebted to him & can't thank him enough for offering me a job. He's a car buff as well and stores his cars at the shop. My commute is now 11 min's vs a 1hr commute. I'm making more money and my hours are now 8-4:30 vs 8:30-5.

The printing industry isn't what it used to be 5, 10, 20 years ago.

Send me your address and I'll be glad to send them to you.

Thanks!

Thanks for the advice! Don't need any water potentially getting in & shorting out the newly restored panel.
Roger

I noticed for awhile you haven't been around and now I understand why...Thanks for sharing and the good news!

I am so glad to hear that in the end of your job situation you ended up with a short commute and a car guy for a boss! Very happy for you!

I will pm you my address!

Thanks!

Justin

Hey all. Just a little update. Last year I discovered my drivers side pan was rusted thru. It's been cut out & a new one going it. Cluster is back from D&M Restoration.

IMAG1971.jpg
IMAG2018.jpg
IMAG2019.jpg

Gauges are back from D&M Restoration! Also added the Rally Dash Medallion for early 68 Charger Models. Mine was built 1/22/68.

IMAG2075.jpg
IMAG2076.jpg
IMAG2078.jpg

Are you still using the ammeter or holtmeyer conversion?
Very nice dash.

Thanks! Using the OEM Ammeter. D&M fully restores your gauges to like new condition. All connections have been cleaned up & checked as well as all bulbs replaced.

Very nice dash.

Very nice dash.

Can someone explain me what is the ammeter or holtmeyer conversion please? Is it the alternator gauge?
As a matter of fact I am trying to install a modern fuse box in my 69 Runner, and as I'm going the instructions to connect the wires, a step is to "connect the wire going from the ammeter or holtmeyer to the blablabla"...

I didn't do anything because I don't know what it is.. So if someone can clarify that for me it would be greatly appreciated :)

It's a misspelling due to my autocorrect. You can convert the ammeter to a voltmeter. You can search the forums for many, many opinions and examples of the conversion.
Last month's mopar action magazine had a great article on the voltmeter conversion.

It's a misspelling due to my autocorrect. You can convert the ammeter to a voltmeter. You can search the forums for many, many opinions and examples of the conversion.
Last month's mopar action magazine had a great article on the voltmeter conversion.
Oh ok thank you for that. I'm gonna check that

Well today was a long day but at least it was in the 50's so I put my moisture barriers that I bought from PCG on the front doors, as they were missing. The original quarter sheets are still in place. I also used some NOS clips that I bought from a fellow member here as I was missing a few.

Overall it went pretty smooth but as the temps were cool with a slight breeze the putty was a bit tough to work with. I also went down to the auto parts store & picked up some Lucas Red & Tacky Grease, to lube up the window gears as well as the door lock mechanisms.

IMAG2160.jpg
IMAG2163.jpg
IMAG2167.jpg
IMAG2169.jpg
IMAG2178.jpg
IMAG2180.jpg
IMAG2182.jpg
IMAG2157.jpg
IMAG2166.jpg
IMAG2168.jpg

Last edited:
You'll really enjoy the new gauges this summer. Nice job!

Auto Transport Service
Back