• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 69 Road Runner

Probably a good idea. I didn't know there was such a thing. I use Red-n-tacky. I have never noticed it dripping, but I'm sure it could.
i still say you are one of the best detail guys on this forum as i have said for years now. sharp car as usual for you.LOL.

Called up my favorite neighbor lady last Wednesday to ask if she would install the headliner. She showed up at 8 this morning and is already done. $50, gotta love her.

20220129_113405.jpg 20220129_084821.jpg

i still say you are one of the best detail guys on this forum as i have said for years now. sharp car as usual for you.LOL.
Thank you, but I surely don't deserve that compliment. Most guys around here would have a heyday picking my cars apart. I just want them to look decent and not fall apart in a few years. They all get driven every chance I get.

Great job on your car Sir! In this world there are those who talk and those who do. You Sir, DO, an excellent job indeed. Great thread.
Thanks for the compliment, I am just trying to do my best to pass on something decent to my kids. Hopefully they will enjoy these cars as much as I do.....

Called up my favorite neighbor lady last Wednesday to ask if she would install the headliner. She showed up at 8 this morning and is already done. $50, gotta love her.
Good thing you're claiming this is your last one... as I was going to tell her she's not charging enough !!

Joel I'm thinking of doing my own headliner, do you think you could do it yourself?

Joel I'm thinking of doing my own headliner, do you think you could do it yourself?
I have, but wasn't happy with the results. I can't ever seem to get them stretched nice and tight with no wrinkles, especially in the A and C pillar areas. Linda, my neighbor uses a steamer, which I have never tried. For what she charges me, it isn't worth the effort for me to learn. I had one professionally installed once. I think they charged me $400 and I had to haul the car 30 miles each way, not sure if they used steam or not. Linda does just as nice if not better work than the pros.

I have access to a steamer so I may give it a go. Thanks.

Heyman quick question. I will be doing my 68 Runner's headliner this summer. After hanging the liner in with the bows, did she start at the front or back as far as stretching and fitting/gluing it? My thought is do the front first, then work backwards. I don't believe the Runner's have the springs to hold tension on the rear but its been awhile since I took mine out so I can't remember.

Heyman quick question. I will be doing my 68 Runner's headliner this summer. After hanging the liner in with the bows, did she start at the front or back as far as stretching and fitting/gluing it? My thought is do the front first, then work backwards. I don't believe the Runner's have the springs to hold tension on the rear but its been awhile since I took mine out so I can't remember.
Yes, you have to start at the back and work forward. Hook those 2 wires to the rear most bow and pull everything forward.

Small steps this weekend, but still progress. Trunk weatherstrip is in. It always looks upside down to me, but the small flap goes down. I know yellow is the correct glue but I like this black better because the sloppy mess it leaves when I do it is less noticeable.

20220126_070014.jpg 20220124_063007.jpg 20220126_070747.jpg 20220126_074111.jpg

Fuel and brake lines are in. Heater box, pedal assembly, some of the wiring, done.

20220131_072122.jpg 20220130_163816.jpg 20220130_160856.jpg 20220131_072049.jpg

Nice work!

I really felt like I made a lot of progress once I put weather stripping on. Once it is on, you can actually close the trunk and not worry about chipping paint!

Keep at it - you are getting close!

Which is leading up to getting these items bolted back in the car.

20220131_072204.jpg 20220131_072151.jpg

Rearend and springs are in. Brake lines hooked up.

20220204_153234.jpg

Been waiting a long time for PST to get these 20:1 manual steering boxes in production. Notified they were available Monday and had one at my door Friday morning. Wanted to get that bolted on the k frame before putting the motor in the car. The factory 24:1 box has a lock to lock of almost 5 3/4 turns. The 20:1 is 4 3/4 turns. I tried a 16:1 on this car a couple years ago which is 3 1/2 turns lock to lock. While I have one on my Duster and really like it, it was a challenge in a heavier B body, my wife hated it. So I am excited to try this one out. I believe it will be a good seller for PST.

20220204_101606.jpg 20220204_153139.jpg 20220204_101554.jpg

Last edited:
Been a long day at the office and I am wore out, but wanted to take 20 minutes to get this back where it belongs. Done for the day.....

20220204_181404.jpg 20220204_181417.jpg 20220204_191023.jpg

Wow! Your car is really coming along. It looks great! What headers are you using?

Auto Transport Service
Back