• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 71 Roadrunner

71 bad bird

Local time
9:31 AM
Reaction score
I'm about to bring the bird out for the first time in many years ! This is a car I ordered new . Totally apart for many years waiting for me to become old ,grey , and retired . Well it all happened , I have a lot to do but its just a lot of small things .:blob1: This may be the first s. b. 4 speed built ! If not its close . The plan is to drive the wheels off it .:3gears: Then I will put on new one and do it all over & over ! :VB toast: The car has only 13,400 mi. I was going to do the number matching thing I have all the parts but , that not what makes me happy so this is what I have . :steering:

Attachments

• bird.jpg
    bird.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 368
  • bird (2).jpg
    bird (2).jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 365
  • bird (3).jpg
    bird (3).jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 360
  • bird (4).jpg
    bird (4).jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 377
  • bird (5).jpg
    bird (5).jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 351
  • bird (6).jpg
    bird (6).jpg
    51 KB · Views: 363
  • bird (7).jpg
    bird (7).jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 355
  • bird (12).jpg
    bird (12).jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 358
  • bird (11).jpg
    bird (11).jpg
    46 KB · Views: 360
  • bird (9).jpg
    bird (9).jpg
    37 KB · Views: 348
  • bird (8).jpg
    bird (8).jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 346
  • bird (10).jpg
    bird (10).jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 350
  • bird (13).jpg
    bird (13).jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 344
  • bird (14).jpg
    bird (14).jpg
    37 KB · Views: 364
  • bird (15).jpg
    bird (15).jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 335
  • bird (17).jpg
    bird (17).jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 350
  • bird (16).jpg
    bird (16).jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 366
  • bird (19).jpg
    bird (19).jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:
hey fellow Buckeye. we need to see that bird.

Attachments

• 5193440-thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures.jpg
    5193440-thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 396
:sSig_welcometoourcl it`s nice to see more people post up from ohio ,some time we`ll have to have a get together cook out or something with all in the area enjoy your stay :headbang:

71badbird :headbang:very nice looking car ,love the color combo , been in your area of the woods many times thanks for posting your photos :headbang::headbang:

The car has stripes on the hood by the 340 , but they are flat black , I have not got the flat black stripes around the tail lights yet they are coming .

sorry,i didn't see them.A friend of mine has a 71 bird and he wants to put flat black stripes also.

Thanks for the pics.. Beautiful ride!!

Very cool! Love hearing of others that have held on to their first dream car.

Good job on hanging on to that car for that long! I know how life and "the man" like to try and get in the way of our dreams. I remember the gentleman that I bought my 1971 from "had" to sell it because of kids, the wife, etc etc. I have made a vow to myself to never be "that guy".

Great looking car!

What size tires are on that car? They look great on that!

great looking bird! you don't see too many black ones..

The tire size is 245-60 -15 there old Goodyear Eagle ST I hope this help you , The front end has been lowed a lot .

The tire size is 245-60 -15 there old Goodyear Eagle ST I hope this help you , The front end has been lowed a lot .

Yes it does help out, I've been trying to decide which tire and rim size would look good on my car--which is very similar to yours--I only have 14 inch rally rims at the moment and they look a little wimpy. Some meatier 15 inch (maybe 16"?) rims and tires would look right.

I do think the 15 would be a good choice, Thats just me though. I have 15 on mine which is a 73 but ive tried to picture it with larger ones and with me i would be pushing the looks, but thats my tastes you have to have it look and ride your way... Some love the larger size wheels and i guess im old school and 15 inch wheels seems to work well for my tastes.

Auto Transport Service
Back