• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 73 Roadrunner Project

Man, Ive followed this from the start and she sure looks great, All the work and some of the problems you went thru sure seems like its about over and a piece of history now, great job buddy!! Looks like a new one and you have a lot to be proud of!

Agree with everyone else. That interior looks better than new.

Thanks for the great comments. Its interesting, today I was cleaning up some stuff, and noticed that all my sorted parts boxes for stuff I took off the car are empty. The only things I have left to install on the car are the two covers that go over the front suspension in the engine bay and the window washer fluid reservoir. Now. with that said, I still have to switch out my axle shafts and my new Glen Ray radiator. so, its getting down to being close to done, then I can take her in for alignment, final polish, and stripes and badges!

Her maiden voyage!!!!

Her maiden voyage today!!!!
20140319_144202small.jpg
20140319_152548small.jpg

Yes, made it out of the garage today and around the "block" a few times today. Overall, nothing blew up, just lots of squeaks and stuff getting settled I think!

Yes me too!

By the way, thought I would add some statistics here as well. I just did the calculation, and the last time the car was driven on the road was 15 years, 10 months and 19 days ago, or 5,803 days ago!!!! Project time is currently about 1 month shy of 3 years so far.

Looks like you couldn't have asked for a better day for a maiden voyage.

Just when you think you are almost done!!!!!!!!!! and.....

Just when you think you are almost done!!!!!!!!!! and....

you go to change the tranny pan gasket and find stuff in the bottom of the pan that's not supposed to be there.

Turns out my rear band failed and the material delaminated from it. Pain in the *** to drop the trans now with all the stuff in the way, the good news is the guy that rebuilt it said he would take care of it.

Only 110 miles on the car thus far, but at least I caught it now before more damage occurred!!!!!!

Is this project ever gonna end!! LOLOLOLOL

Nice job. Started work on my 73, looking forward to my first drive. Good luck with her.

This was the era of roadrunner was what got me into
Mopar. I want one someday! Great work keep it up!

Well, I got the trans fixed last week and picked up and installed on Friday. The guy that rebuilt it didn't want anything for the repairs even though the parts he replaced were not replaced when he originally rebuilt it last summer. I think he was kicking him self for not replacing that rear band, on a 30 year old trans. Anyway, I offered and paid for the new parts, rear band and drum. So far, its all good. Now hopefully I can get the stripe guy over this week to get her signature look back on!!!!!

And then there were stripes!!!!!

Well, I finally got the stripes done, I guess I should say the professional I hired to do it got them done. I didn't want to screw anything up, I think he did a great job putting on the kit from Phoenix Graphics, he also said this is the best specialty kit he has ever seen and he has been doing this stuff for over 10 years.

Anyway, here are some pictures. I am still waiting for the "road runner" to glue up on the trunk and I will get some better pictures hopefully this weekend!!!
20140521_173003small.jpg
20140521_172941small.jpg
20140521_172911small.jpg
20140521_172859small.jpg
20140521_172828small.jpg
20140521_172815small.jpg
20140521_172754small.jpg
20140521_172747small.jpg

Nice Idrive, totally different car. It makes one appreciate why the designers and engineers did what they did.
When are we going for a ride again?

Wow just a stunning Roadrunner! You have set the bar high for the guys restoring the 73-74 cars. I have always loved this body style and this car just makes me want one even more!

Keep us posted and can't wait to see some out on the road shots.

Auto Transport Service
Back