• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My A12 RR progress with Holley termi x

ScottyG

Local time
7:38 AM
Reaction score
I got my a12 rr a day before my birthday this year and it was an amazing feeling. I tracked and drooled over this car for better half of 3 years. Just no funds and never the right situation. I finally got the new owners number and sent him a text and he was happy to let me look at the car . The car was nice, not perfect but still a decent runner for the money that didn’t need total restoration. Car ran and drove awesome for what it was . I put about 2k miles on it from feb to about June . My quick story on the car .
Now the mixed review part . I wanted new tech with the old school feel and look! Didn’t want to do a full blown new hemi swap . But day 2 mods just in 2023! So I gather all my stuff I been acquiring over the last few years from my first roadrunner and said let’s do it. Car is finally running on Holley terminator x stand alone , full fuel system all ptfe line and hellcat fuel pump. Wow Holley stuff is just crazy car clicked off first try with just going down the drop down menu . This is a self learning kit but still will need a professional tune but if u know the software u can also tune it your self . Pic time part 1

IMG_6491.jpeg

IMG_6493.jpeg

IMG_4677.jpeg

IMG_4743.jpeg

IMG_4746.jpeg

IMG_4745.jpeg

IMG_4744.jpeg

IMG_4747.jpeg

IMG_4855.jpeg

71355027189__419E4C33-3603-45F3-879E-90F20C053E06.jpeg

to be clear this is just to get the car running and driving and making sure no leaks and fuel system is good and the wiring and everything esle is working correctly. On the other stuff
Fuel system is -10 feed and -8 return with a flex fuel sensor in line. Car will be tuned on 87 Oct and full e85. Has a 525lph hellcat pump , Weldon regulator , all ptfe line and fittings and big Holley fuel filter . Tanks inc. efi tank and fi tech fuel hat. And factory GM ls2 injectors for now . Fuel line is covered in DEI fire sleeves since everything is so close to exhaust heat and you can still vapor lock
IMG_4848.jpeg
IMG_4849.jpeg
IMG_4850.jpeg
IMG_4852.jpeg
IMG_4853.jpeg
IMG_4854.jpeg
IMG_4847.jpeg
IMG_4848.jpeg
IMG_4849.jpeg
IMG_4850.jpeg
IMG_4852.jpeg
IMG_4853.jpeg
IMG_4854.jpeg

I have to ask, was it a Real A12 RR ? If so, why would you remove the 6bbl set-up ? That's what makes those special...

I have to say why do you care? It’s his car he owns it. It’s paid for with his money. This is a thread dedicated to restomod cars. He owns the car. Don’t high jack it please with your thoughts on someone else’s personal property. Please keep it to this this thread on restomods and protouring cars. This thread is dedicated to those who are building cars for that purpose.

Just saying. You’re throwing in your two cents. I’m throwing in mine. If you don’t care for this version of the b body why waste your time reading it.

I have to ask, was it a Real A12 RR ? If so, why would you remove the 6bbl set-up ? That's what makes those special...
Yess it a real a12 roadrunner . This was just to get it running and working correctly. I forgot to add a picture

Sorry was at work and forgot to finish my posting . Yes this is a real a12 car everyone . The mix reviews will come I understand . I know what type of car I have . I didn’t want to take away too much of it . Being only 31 I know what these cars mean. That being said . I wanted to get everything running and workin correctly before I drop in my built 493cu with tfs 270MW heads . This car will still be a 6bbl just efi and will retain the factory air cleaner .
69289785948__D6C5EC77-CF8C-4C9D-BACA-2700887532ED.jpeg
69289787772__F387003B-F019-4C24-852C-A8DB93919692.jpeg
IMG_4194.jpeg
IMG_4195.jpeg
IMG_4196.jpeg

Keep the updates coming specially with that six pac. I have been tossing around which way to go on the fuel system. I have always wanted a six pac it just looks cool. I really like the protector cover great idea.

Keep the updates coming specially with that six pac. I have been tossing around which way to go on the fuel system. I have always wanted a six pac it just looks cool. I really like the protector cover great idea.
My dads 69 rr has the Holley sniper tbi and it runs soo unbelievably awesome! My dads car is all original and he wanted the sniper ! He loves it the car starts fast everytime and runs like a raped ape and doesn’t burn your eyeballs the AFRs are spot on! It’s smooth and clean power ! I wanted to pass on the fitech 6bbl option and I wanted to go MPI that’s why I went with the terminator x . So far no regrets on either system

I have to say why do you care? It’s his car he owns it. It’s paid for with his money. This is a thread dedicated to restomod cars. He owns the car. Don’t high jack it please with your thoughts on someone else’s personal property. Please keep it to this this thread on restomods and protouring cars. This thread is dedicated to those who are building cars for that purpose.

Just saying. You’re throwing in your two cents. I’m throwing in mine. If you don’t care for this version of the b body why waste your time reading it.
First Amendment Rights, and I've paid my way to view & post...

First Amendment Rights, and I've paid my way to view & post...
I’ve owned my ‘Cuda since ‘83, and my Charger since ‘85. And I have to say the one thing I hear over and over is… this is the “correct” way the car should be. If you’re into that, fine. I never understood why Mopar guys think everyone that owns an old Mopar is going for OEM. Btw… I like the black engine bay. Much easier to keep after if you drive the car frequently.

I’ve owned my ‘Cuda since ‘83, and my Charger since ‘85. And I have to say the one thing I hear over and over is… this is the “correct” way the car should be. If you’re into that, fine. I never understood why Mopar guys think everyone that owns an old Mopar is going for OEM. Btw… I like the black engine bay. Much easier to keep after if you drive the car frequently.
Yea I get mixed reviews and I can say this the car runs sooo smooth ! Crazy how alive the 440 feels . Not saying a carb setup can’t be this good cause it can but new carbs or restore carbs are 2500$ . And the engine bay was black way before I was born lol I got pics of the car in the 80s it was black than

Sorry was at work and forgot to finish my posting . Yes this is a real a12 car everyone . The mix reviews will come I understand . I know what type of car I have . I didn’t want to take away too much of it . Being only 31 I know what these cars mean. That being said . I wanted to get everything running and workin correctly before I drop in my built 493cu with tfs 270MW heads . This car will still be a 6bbl just efi and will retain the factory air cleaner . View attachment 1509190View attachment 1509191View attachment 1509192View attachment 1509193View attachment 1509194
Is the 6 pack/barrel set up Holley also?

I wanted to pass on the fitech 6bbl option and I wanted to go MPI that’s why I went with the terminator x .
That answers that question I was going to ask.
So that's the F&B fuel injection throttlebodies system, right?
I like the FiTech 6bbl, but 600 max HP would have lowered the anticipated power of the 572 I'm having built.
I'm starting out with my Promax modded Holley 6bbl carbs on the ModMan intake (for hood clearance) but if I go to fuel injection the F&B is the move!
Edited for clarity

Last edited:

@VANDAN asked great questions, similar to what I would have posted.
The FiTech and F&B 6bbl fuel injection systems would have been part of my "Where’s the 6bbl?" question and contribution BUT I see the OP is aware of them AND is going to use the TOP CHOICE F&B.
The tone of your post is WAY out of line.

That answers that question I was going to ask.
So that's the F&B fuel system, right?
I like the FiTech 6bbl, but 600 max HP would have lowered the anticipated power of the 572 I'm having built.
I'm starting out with my Promax modded Holley 6bbl carbs on the ModMan intake (for hood clearance) but if I go to fuel injection the F&B is the move!
no this is a custom fuel system. everything i got through different places. mostly Summit racing. a return fuel is very easy. just finding places to run and mount everything on a uni-body car .

i got about 150miles on the MPI and the car is stupid fast. like holy cow the power and smoothness and clean burning and spark is ******* unreal . and its still self learning and only taking it to about 4800rpms so far. by far its so enjoyable to drive . i will try and post some videos soon. my dads car has the sniper kit and my brother said that he wants to switch it already to MPI.

Regardless, THIS:
i got about 150miles on the MPI and the car is stupid fast. like holy cow the power and smoothness and clean burning and spark is ******* unreal . and its still self learning and only taking it to about 4800rpms so far. by far its so enjoyable to drive .
"..the power, smoothness, clean burning, and F'N unreal spark..."
Those are all factors that are likely to push me to the F&B throttlebodies in 6bbl form (my car is a V-code) along with the much greater CFM capacity Bruce has available to deliver with the throttlebodies vs the "1,500 CFM" of the Holley 6bbl which since it's measured as a 2bbl is actually in the 9XX CFM range according to the 4bbl measurement equation.
BUT
I do have the Progression Ignition system, and the Holley carbs are easy to mod, so I am going to give them a strong chance to work well. 572 cu in is a very hungry mouth to feed.

Auto Transport Service
Back