• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Coronet project

Sounds like a good place to start as far as cleaning your seat foam, I have not personally tried adding foam to the bench seats, but I have also heard that can be done. What do you have for tools?, welder?, air tools?. Replacing a front frame rail is not easy to begin with and near impossible without the proper tools.

It worked great with a little soft soup in the water, it smells ok, we have about 71 F so it is a perfect day to do some cleaning, my wife wonder why I am not so enthusiastic when it comes to cleaning the house...

Took out the new upholsty and placed it in the sun, after five minutes it was steaming hot! Should be easy to pull over when it is so soft.

I will not do anything with the frame or springs, will give it 10 min with the spounge and new paint with a spraycan.

Will probably be ready in a cuople of days, had to wait for the company that sells foam to open and for the parts to dry out.

isartagetsate.jpg

oversidan.jpg

underrede.jpg

garaget.jpg

A little more pictures as I know you like them:)
New paint on the seatframe.
A pict of the engine too.
Found the paper under the seat. Would probably be more interested if it was a Hemi car...

As the seatfoam dried it was getting flat, I will buy a new one in a better material tomorrow, it will be easy to cut out now.

paintedframe.jpg

sheet.jpg

383-1.JPG

My rear bumber is not looking good but a new one is to expensive for me right now, it will cost me $700 plus 30% tax and toll so about $1000 here in Sweden!!!
I have planned to paint the old one in body color or satin black, the car will be hemi orange, what will look best? I also want at bumble bee stripe in black or mayby a super bee stripe that goes over the trunk. Will it be to much with a black bumper or will it look cool?

bee.jpg

Last edited:
it is your car to make it look anyway you want. don't forget they also had the C-stripe for '70 super bees.

Thanks everybody, as I am trying to do all things in the sametime I took of the upholstry from the rear bench yesterday. It really smell old, (I would probably smelled the same way if I had never taken a shower for 40 y:))
Is it possible the wash the foam to get rid of the smell? I know that they make new ones but it is hard to find i Sweden and they are expensive as well, there is nothing else wrong with the foam so I will probably give it a shot with some mild cleaning agent today.
I also planned to put some new extra foam in the seat to make it a little softer, anyone tryed that?

Not yet but I think the best way to decrease the "old smell" is airing the foam for days/weeks. After that I would recommend to use some kind of neutralizer (in Germany a product called "Febreze" is often used).

Time to work with the car again.
I am waiting for the sun to heat up the seat cover so I can finish it today, the smell is gone! Got myself a real nice hog ring plier.

I pulled out the windshield and it did´t look to bad under, some rust but not so much as i expected, is it easy to remove the dashboard? It is the only thing left now...

I also got a new "padding" a plastic cover that will be glued over the old one, anyone has experience of that?

I have bought 4 pieces that looks like the one up at the sunvisors, how do they work?

plier.jpg

belts.jpg

cover.jpg

windshieldframe.jpg

The lower part of the backseat is ready! Looks absolutely amazing! And it was not difficult to do by your self either but it would have helpt with a pair of extra hands sometimes. I did put in an extra inch of foam so it was a little tight but it fills up and feels great to sit on, will take the backrest now!

baksate.jpg

it usually not that hard to take out the dash,just start underneath first so the top bolts hold it in place for you.the windshield channel doesn't look that bad,but you will have to see once you strip the paint and rust off.

YES! My mother in law came by and will stay for a while and help me with the kids so it will give me time to pull out the engine and trans, got 8 weeks of vacation coming up in two days:grin:, will start replacing the front framerails and the floorpans, I just hate to do rust repairs:mad: Hopefully the rust is repaired within a month so I can start to prepare the car for paint after that.

Engine and tranny in out and the engine looks great! Can´t remember they where so big and heavy;-) Or is it me getting weaker... Asked my wife if I could have it in the living room during the winter if I paint it and she said NO :sad:

The tranny had a grey "klegg" in the bottom of the pan, will probably do an overhaulin of it.

Cleaned of the enginebay and will start to take apart the fenders and rest of the front today.

ladan.jpg

motorn.jpg

nytvattad.jpg

Three hours later the fenders and rest of the front where taken apart, the left fender was pretty rusty so I will buy a new one, have found one in Sweden but will look at the ads here to.

Took one of the fenders and placed it with my wifes Opel (Saturn) and it is BIG!

Anyone knows if the "splashshield" in the back of the inside of the fender is availble new, it is the piece that dirt to reach the doorhinges if you know what I am trying to describe... You can se on the passenger side that a piece is missing.

bilder 007.jpg

bilder 011.jpg

Three hours later the fenders and rest of the front where taken apart, the left fender was pretty rusty so I will buy a new one, have found one in Sweden but will look at the ads here to.

Took one of the fenders and placed it with my wifes Opel (Saturn) and it is BIG!

Anyone knows if the "splashshield" in the back of the inside of the fender is availble new, it is the piece that dirt to reach the doorhinges if you know what I am trying to describe... You can se on the passenger side that a piece is missing.
that would make a nice superbird fender :rolling::rolling::rolling:

Back in town after a 10 days holiday with the family, ran into some MoParts too! Found a left fender in very nice condition and a left vent window, also 4 wheel opening mouldings so it was a nice holiday! My wife did not like to drive around with the fender on the roof but who cares...

I also found some nice replacement for the sealed beam crap, clear glass type that looks like the old Lucas tripod.

Will start the big work and replace the front frames tomorrow, it is the worse job I have ever done on an american car so lets hope I will get it together again...

bmw.JPG

lampor.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back