• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Coronet project

I will have a black interior and wonder what color to paint inside of the door, the part that is white in this pictures, shall it be black even if the body color is for example hemi orange? Or shall it be body color? I have seen both types.
IF I paint the car white I would probably go for black doors and maybe paint the "chrome armrest bracket" white, they where nice 40 years ago but all the chrome is long gone, any other ideas?

My interior and exterior were both brown but different shades of brown. The inside of the doors were painted to match interior. I bought some new chrome arm rest brackets last year for less than $50.00 (U.S.)Hope this helps, good luck.

the door that you can see from inside the car should be the same color as the interior,but it's your car,maybe you want to think outside the box.

Car's looking good Swede. I did the same thing with the arm rest bezels on the Coronet. Used a chrome paint from the local hardware store. They look dang near the same. I guess if it ever get's to the point where it bothers a fella, they are readily availible and for not that expensive of a price.

Left all the parts to the blastman yesterday, he will probably just be able to do the edges of it, he is afraid to destroy it otherwise, I will do the rest with the wire brusch and the 3M scotch brite. Will buy some paint today so I can finish the floor and innerfenders et.c.

Finally got some primer on.

primer.JPG

getting that primer on there makes makes that light at the end of the tunnel alot closer.

Due to a conflict of interest I have to lay down the work with the car for 8 weeks :icon_frown:
My mother in law are moving to town and her new apartment is being painted so you can guess where the furniture ended up...
Will be back in business in a month or so!

mobler.JPG

Ohhh that sucks man!! Sorry to hear it! Looks like you now have a shop TV, plenty of chairs to set your parts/beers on and a nice oak curio cabinet to put your tools in...lol

Good point Aussie, she could get heaps done in 8 weeks.....it'd help cover the storage fees.

Good news! A guy will ship a 40 feet container from US to Sweden in a couple of weeks and for a few bucks he will do some shopping for me, I will buy all the heavy parts I need to finish the project, right quarter panel skin, new converter (sugestions?), 4.10 gears and some small parts from AMD.

Excellent work on the car. I was born not to far from you in Skien, Norway

Hello Swede,I have owned my 70 for 30yrs and it has gone through many changes.Currently it is in surgery to become a Pro Street style car with stock black interior,hi backs and console.I have a picture of an orange one with body colour bumpers front and rear that looks good.Personally I like chrome but my one son is trying to talk me into paint as the rear is not to shiny.I have seen lots of 68+69s not to many 70s so enjoy.It's been a very long time since I've driven mine so I'm jealous.Don't forget your suspension as there is lots of good stuff out there for our cars. P.M. me any time.

It has been some weeks now since I updated this thread, the winter came early this year so some of the plans has to wait until spring, BUT Santa was also early, got myself some nice parts. Found a nice almost rustfree front fender, trunklid, two wheel houses and an rear bumper here in Sweden. Then I spended some time on ebay and bought a new 3,55 gear with all the other parts, bearings, shims, suregrip discs etc. I also bought a new dress up bolt kit for the engine, alu. waterpump house, sparkplugs wires, fluid damper, plugs etc. Painted the engine a couple of weeks ago, starting to look good now. I have also decided what color to paint the car, you can see it on the challenger, it is an european color that looks really nice, a little more red then the V2 i think.

Attachments

• parts.JPG
    parts.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 831
  • rearend.JPG
    rearend.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 853
  • fender.JPG
    fender.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 853
  • painted.JPG
    painted.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 861
  • chall1.jpg
    chall1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 864
  • a-arms.JPG
    a-arms.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 837
  • rearbumper.JPG
    rearbumper.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 832
  • trunk.JPG
    trunk.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 853
I have looked inside the engine now and this is what I found:

Crane Cam Part # 643801- Max Velocity Hydraulic cam- 278 duration intake 290 exhaust- .467 intake lift .494 exhaust- - good Mid Range Horsepower best RPM range 2200 to 5000 - valve float at 6500

Edelbrock performer (1407) 750, Torker 383 intake, 915 heads, unknown compression but fairly high on the compressiontest, looks like forged pistons with a dome if I look through the sparkplug hole. I can still see the cross pattern on the cylinder walls.
I also want to go with my HP exhaust manifold but will consider headders if it is needed. 2,5 " exhaust all the way.
This is the converter I have bought: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HUP-24-25/
(I had a Hughes converter that I ran on the strip for 2 seasons and it worked great, GM 35 in a f-bird, 10.90 index, 10.14 with nos)
I also added a shiftkit from mancini to the rebuilt 727, they have changed some more parts since it was a 2 bbl 383 727.
Finally there is a 3,55 SG with 275/60/15 tyres.
I hope this makes a good combo, I am aware that the heads are not the best, I am also thinking about replacing the Torker 383, but if I continue I will soon end up with a new engine and this is what I got and I hope it will make a little more power than a stock 383, aiming for +350hp, how about that?
Remember the car has a bench and will be driven as a family cruiser for 95% of the time. But it would be nice to get under 14 sec on the 1/4 mile.... If not, there is some nice 472 hemis for $14 200 at Jegs! Just have to talk to you know who first...

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back