• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Coronet project

Do you need my 150 speedo or did you find one yourself, same with the 3 speed wiper motor I can take these with me May 11 on my way to Ystad cruising.

Sven, I ended up with a great deal from a member here and got a new working speedo, and the wiper start working when I greased up the pivots, thanks anyway! Have fun in Ystad, I will have guests from back home all weekend...

BTW, got my new 10" drums and new wheels too, lowered the car about 2 " so the ride height looks better now, slowly slowly the car is coming together.
Also got new exhaust tips in stainless that looks great.

IMAG0033.jpg

I can't believe that's the same car. Just beautiful is one way to describe it.

Thanks to all of you for those kind words, when I told my wife about the saint thing she just shook her head and said nothing... And she did not listen when I told her that Prop has a 632 hp engine, what is wrong with her??? :edgy:

68chicken: Car WILL be ready in 5 weeks!

Actually, I am working from home right now due to repairs in my office, when I look out of the window I can see the car in the garage and it calls me like Saurons ring from Lord of the ring.

I did a great work yesterday painted the white rubber moulding in black (around the backglass), will try to mount the package tray, sailpanels, mouldings and backglass today.

Updates will come!

That is really a sharp looking car you have there. I like your wheel choice - they go great with the car.

Backglass and sailpanels are in place, struggling with the cat whiskers and the drip rail mouldings, can't get them over the rails due to the extra thickness of the vinyl, if I lift the vinyl they fit like a glove on the bare rails, thinking of lifting the vinyl and grind of some metal then glue the vinyl back on, what do you think about that?

NO, NO, NO............don't cut the car. There are two types of trim, one for vinyl roofs and one with out.

NO, NO, NO............don't cut the car. There are two types of trim, one for vinyl roofs and one with out.

But the retro only comes in one size, and I am only grinding of 1/64 to 1/32, approx the thickness of the vinyl.
The biggest problem is that I can not buy a new set and try them on, the shipping kills me on this ones, the package has the size of a missile.
And belive me, the mouldings I have will never fit, I have spent several hours trying to fit them and they are really pissing me of

Joakim.....Here's a post from Jeff at 521 Restorations over at moparts that may be interesting to you:

trim.jpg

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=A12&Number=6632325&Searchpage=1&Main=6628572&Words=+jsbrown&topic=&Search=true

You know as well as I do that the original factory stuff is always better than aftermarket/repop, but seems you're in quite a pinch. I'd say shaving that 64th is going to get you there, but man that would be tough picking up that grinder/sander on a car that far along. Never the less, a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do. Good luck whatever route you go.

I guess I will give it a shot, if it fails it will be my first convertible...
And I will never return to this site:crybaby2:

Hey Swede, I think I have a pair of drip rail moldings from an R/T that had a vinyl top. Let me know and they're yours for the shipping. Sorry if this is late if you already shaved the vinyl.

Auto Transport Service
Back