• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Coronet project

Hey Swede, I think I have a pair of drip rail moldings from an R/T that had a vinyl top. Let me know and they're yours for the shipping. Sorry if this is late if you already shaved the vinyl.

THANKS Roger, I have sent you an e- mail.
Check it out and we fix this during the day.

Swede,
you fell off the face of the earth much as i have! Let's see some pictures of that net!!!

OK Kent, thanks for waking me up!
I will get some decent pictures tomorrow, the car is 98% complete now, it is like the house, some trim never get in place...
I drove it to the testcenter yesterday, a trip of 80 miles and the car worked great and passed and I am waiting for my swedish registration plates now, for the first time in many years the car is road worthy again!

Stay tuned for pictures!

Here it is, got my new Swedish plates and took it for a ride yesterday, was not happy with the performance so I replaced the Edelbrock 750 for a borrowed Holley 850 DP (thanks Sven) and it worked out pretty good, maybe a 750 dp would be better but I don´t have any for testing right now.
Besides that I have to get a real front wheel alignment, I have done it by my self with some long pieces of wood but the car is a little bit nervous at speed.
And the power steering pump is leaking like Snowden...
I know what I will do this winter.

Will take some more pictures later on.

bild 1.JPG

bild 2.JPG

bild 3.JPG

Your car turned out awesome - like the wheel choice on it to. Hopefully you don't have to many gremlins to chase down.

That turned out great, and I agree also those wheel really go good with the car.

love the wheels great choice and she is looking real good :headbang:

Sweat, nice job "love the car".

Mine LOOKSIMG_20130622_094639.jpg like yours DID! LOL

Chilsam, your car is looking just fine, a nice project, let me know if you planning on selling it ;-)
--------------

I would never made it without the support from my family and friends, especially Sven who helped me getting the right parts. And this forum have been a never ending source of knowledge, I can´t understand how they did it before Internet...
Thanks to all, Kent, Will, Dave, Roger, Matt, Ron, Uli and all the others that have encourage me to keep on working with the car!

And I can assure you, the car is looking great in real life, it came out just as I wanted it, changed the Centerline Telstar for a set of AR 15" and it seems like you agree, they fit the car perfect.

Next project will be getting a pair of resonators, car is way to loud for me with the flowmaster 40 or 50. Or is it me getting older?

THANX SWEDE! Roger has helped me with parts also got the steering column and rear springs from his 70 R/T and workn on the k-member and torsion bars also..My 70 is a ARIZONA car so its rock solid as for selling lol no I've waited 5 yrs to get a 70 this straight n solid I had another 70 for over 20 yr's and lost it in a garage fire ....workn on a F'n chevy pick up !Got the HARLEY out tho the Coronet had the rear end out and couldn't be moved...SIGH!:angryfire:

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back