• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My New 1976 Fury Sport Project

Regarding 14" wheel, you have to use rotter and caliper from a 73-74 b-body. In 75 most b- models with a 400 required 15" wheels. I you locate a 318 car 75-79 check if you 14's may fit.

Robert

View attachment 199918View attachment 199919View attachment 199920View attachment 199921View attachment 199922View attachment 199923View attachment 199924

This car followed me home this last Sunday. It has a 400 CID 727 Torque Flight 8-1/4 rear end. My first Mopar back in 1981 was a 1973 Dodge Coronet 400 AT which was B5 blue and a white vinyl roof also. My Coronet had the 9-1/4 rear end though. I’ll have to post pictures of that in the forgotten B bodies thread. I wish this had the 9-1/4. I like the B5 blue and white vinyl roof but the vinyl roof and trim is going to go. I plan to make it a 1975 road runner clone. Most of the trim is dented and dinged up anyway. The body needs a lot of work. It also needs some mechanical work. My intention is to keep this a running drivable project as I go along as much as possible. It does run but needs a whole new exhaust system first. The manifolds were removed by the PO to replace the gaskets and were slapped on with just 2 bolts each just to see and hear it run. So the coolant runs right out of the exhaust manifold bolt holes from the head meaning I can’t run it long.

I’m hoping I can get some help from you all for support, parts, and mostly knowledge. I know Mopars pretty well but not very much about the 1976 B Body.

First up; titling and plates. I hope I don’t have any problems there. I read that horror story with that guy and his ’70 Satellite titling nightmare on another thread.

Then on to the exhaust.

I would have put this under member’s projects except the 1975 to 1979 years seem to be the forgotten years (read scorned). I figured I may get more support here. Your questions, comments, and advice is welcome.

IMG_1793.JPG

Regarding 14" wheel, you have to use rotter and caliper from a 73-74 b-body. In 75 most b- models with a 400 required 15" wheels. I you locate a 318 car 75-79 check if you 14's may fit.

Robert
I have a '75 Fury Sport parts car with non power front disk brakes. It accepts 14" wheels no problem. That is what it has on it, 14" wheels like my old '73 Coronet with front power disk brakes and 14" wheels. I was surprised to see I have to run 15" wheels on my '76.

Auto Transport Service
Back