• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new project 1974 charger 318 se

Ok got it all back together and the starter still isn't engaging the torque converter

I would double check to make sure the gear on the starter is getting pushed out to grab the converter. It may have been failing this hole time drop on ground have someone hit key see if the gear jumps out towards the cone

I would double check to make sure the gear on the starter is getting pushed out to grab the converter. It may have been failing this hole time drop on ground have someone hit key see if the gear jumps out towards the cone
I will in about an hour and ill let you know. Its to hot out there at the moment

Ok found these paper clip looking things at the bottom of the bell housing and coming out of the starter

20200818_194026.jpg 20200818_194008.jpg 20200818_194003.jpg

Why do much I think a duralast one from AutoZone I'd only $50 or so life time warranty

Ok got the new starter and went to start it and lost spark...ballast resistor burnt up...got a new one now she starts and runs so I put her in neutral and let her Idle for 2 minutes and the fluid level hasn't changed......what now????

Got to go threw all your gears why sitting there
Will it move?

Yea tires off the ground put it in gear and nothing .. i don't think the trans is pumping fluid the cooling lines are still empty

How much fluid did you put in it? It takes 12 qts or so maybe 14

Well the pump might be bad . It should fill the trans up more then that though
Pop your trans lines off the rad maybe you have an air pocket?
Force feed the fluid in after lines are off ! Give it a little air blast with your compressor

Auto Transport Service
Back