• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new project 1974 charger 318 se

Intake is on the way

Screenshot_20200703-224009_Chrome.jpg

At one time I had a stack of them couldn't give em away last swap meet I sold all of them

I'm getting pretty excited again. After this weekend I should have all the parts to start putting her back together. Intake comes in tomorrow. This weekend I'll be going to the junk yard to get some missing pieces so I can keep the new Serpentin belt style so no more v-belt.
Also bought engine paint....i almost painted it chevy Orange but last second I put the cans back and grabbed mopar blue hardest choice so far lol

Think this is going to be a good set up with this carb and intake?

Screenshot_20200715-170917_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Man those are expensive!
A 750 cfm is about $100 less your motor will run just fine with it I've run 750's on all my small blocks for the reason there cheaper!

I got a Holley 600 it's used probably needs rebuilt but I'll take $100 for it

Man those are expensive!
A 750 cfm is about $100 less your motor will run just fine with it I've run 750's on all my small blocks for the reason there cheaper!

I got a Holley 600 it's used probably needs rebuilt but I'll take $100 for it
I should of asked befor I bought that one...

My almost rust free car looks like this without the soft top on..........sad day in America.....
What should I do about it....please note I'm not made of money...
I might just bondo the hell out of it and fix it down the road..

20200716_104241.jpg 20200716_104232.jpg 20200716_104228.jpg 20200716_104216.jpg 20200716_104205.jpg 20200716_104155.jpg

Ehhh wow that's one of the worst roofs I've seen . I'd definitely look for a roof skin but until then osfo the crap out of everything and mud it up ! Might want to us dura glass the mud will probably pop out

Ehhh wow that's one of the worst roofs I've seen . I'd definitely look for a roof skin but until then osfo the crap out of everything and mud it up ! Might want to us dura glass the mud will probably pop out
I haven't heard of either of those ill be sure to get them

The osfo is a rust inhibitor I might have spelled it wrong the dura glass is Bondo brand it's a bit more forgiving then Bondo once installed just duck tape the holes from the back side so you don't waits a ton filling in holes they have that metal net stuff that would give it something to grab on to . But duck tape works just fine I've done patches in past to just get it to look good not leak till I could afford the metal to fix it .

I have good a pillars here the roof already sold though

My carb and air cleaner will be here Tuesday I can't wait to hear it start for the first time.

That roof is as rough as they come. In my limited search I have not found a repop roof skin for the 71-74s, you may need a donor car top. With the size of some of them holes, I don t think any bondo will stay. A possible temp solution would be to fiber glass the glass mat to the underside the roof and then skim coat the top with filler. OR, glass mat the top and either paint it black or hide that with a new vinyl top. Could get you by till replacement time.....jmho...

20200718_132716.jpg
20200718_132730.jpg
20200718_132620.jpg
20200718_132604.jpg

The roof on my 73 Charger was way worse than that. When I finished pulling the vynal top off,my car looked like a sunroof car,but it was not one! The rest of my car was rust free,from southern California. I got a donor car,and swapped out the roofskin. I also swapped out the SE quarter windows for rollup Charger quarter windows. Of course this complete sunroof roof was found after I already changed the roofskin!

Last edited:
View attachment 976493 View attachment 976494 View attachment 976495 View attachment 976496

The roof on my 73 Charger was way worse than that. When I finished pulling the vynal top off,my car looked like a sunroof car,but it was not one! The rest of my car was rust free,from southern California. I got a donor car,and swapped out the roofskin. I also swapped out the SE quarter windows for rollup Charger quarter windows. Of course this complete sunroof roof was found after I already changed the roofskin!

Not to hijack the thread but what all is needed to swap in the rollup windows? something I have not seen yet. I have a 74 charger SE that im thinking about different things to do while restoring it.

Not to hijack the thread but what all is needed to swap in the rollup windows? something I have not seen yet. I have a 74 charger SE that im thinking about different things to do while restoring it.
I got no clue hopefully someone else answers

Not a great deal is actually needed .
You'll need the window regulator s and glass! The weatherstripping Chanel for a hard top car . Just knock the Bondo out see what the metal looks like under it it's just a plug they stuck in there !
Inside you'll need different interior panels the sail panel being the hardest and most expensive to get the trim on roof is different ext. Same with upper door panels
That's about all I can think of right now

Auto Transport Service
Back