• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new shop.

Great looking shop. I am really jealous of all the room you have.

One thing I will offer as food for thought: I put in my garage (although at a small and non-professional level) what I call a "slop room". In this room, I do anything dirty, dusty, crappy, etc. I love this room, because it helps keep crap from going all over the cars or my work bench. Things I do in the room: bead blasting (although this really isn't messy since it is mostly contained by the dust bag), grinding, polishing, wire wheel cleaning of parts, spraying or washing stuff, degreasing, oil transfer, etc.

You get the idea. This has been great to try and minimize the mess in other parts of the garage. Mine is too small to truly be effective at all those tasks, but it sure helps for many.

I wish you all the best of luck with the new venture!

Hawk

Great looking shop. I am really jealous of all the room you have.

One thing I will offer as food for thought: I put in my garage (although at a small and non-professional level) what I call a "slop room". In this room, I do anything dirty, dusty, crappy, etc. I love this room, because it helps keep crap from going all over the cars or my work bench. Things I do in the room: bead blasting (although this really isn't messy since it is mostly contained by the dust bag), grinding, polishing, wire wheel cleaning of parts, spraying or washing stuff, degreasing, oil transfer, etc.

You get the idea. This has been great to try and minimize the mess in other parts of the garage. Mine is too small to truly be effective at all those tasks, but it sure helps for many.

I wish you all the best of luck with the new venture!

Hawk

Got it covered Hawk, that's why my hoist room is a room and not open to the rest of the shop. ;)

IMG_20140829_175241709_zps9f172fd8.jpg

Dang......Every car restorer's dream. Top notch Dave. I'll think of your place next time i'm on my back, under a set of 3 ton jackstands wire wheeling.

Paint booth. It took 4 days to disassemble, move to my shop and reassemble.

IMG_20140902_184351880_HDR_zps259b6365.jpg

IMG_20140902_184134816_zps29d1e7e7.jpg

IMG_20140902_184211380_zps8d1088f5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Booth is filthy, but it will clean up just fine. Just needs a little elbow grease.

Ya know i was sad when you sold the RR,but now i see that you are building a awesome place to bring other cars back from the dead! You my friend are a Great American.

WOW Dave . . . I know that you had a rocky start . . . and plenty of delays . . . but the place is really coming together now ! !

Love the new shop ( I am jealous ! ! ) . . . can't wait to see what you get to work on in there . . .

I think it is for strip down and keeping the grunge and crap contained to one location as he will be working on more than one project

The first project, ready to go under the knife.

IMG_559261207140297_zps823904c9.jpg

Could start on this one as early as tomorrow.

Is that a Galaxy 500 a big block car :icon_scratch:

The galaxie is a Z code 390. (factory 4 barrel)

Originally equipped with a 3 in the tree with OD.

The OD trans is gone as is most of the 500 level interior. Luckily I have a 500 XL donor car (bucket seats) with factory 4 speed. So, the ole gal will get the "tribute" treatment.

It's been a scramble, the last week and a half have just flown by. I have been fighting a nasty cold for over a week now. Feel better this morning than I have for over a week though.

Heading out to the shop now for another 12-16 hr day.

Loving it.

it will be a lot of when the snow hits!

The galaxie is a Z code 390. (factory 4 barrel)

Originally equipped with a 3 in the tree with OD.

The OD trans is gone as is most of the 500 level interior. Luckily I have a 500 XL donor car (bucket seats) with factory 4 speed. So, the ole gal will get the "tribute" treatment.

It's been a scramble, the last week and a half have just flown by. I have been fighting a nasty cold for over a week now. Feel better this morning than I have for over a week though.

Heading out to the shop now for another 12-16 hr day.

Loving it.

Blasphemy! This shop needs to be christened with a Mopar! lol

I hope there will be plenty of mopars.

We tried hard to get into a 69 bee. it was true numbers matching 383/auto. but we would do good to break even on it, it just needed too much.

I'd call it a build to keep type of car, there was no $ in it.

Soon though, it'll happen :)

We have lights, we have air lines, we have live outlets and the hoist works. Basically the hoist room is functional.

IMG_20140910_173926777_zpsb3a16068.jpg

IMG_20140910_173939615_zpsaa35b5aa.jpg

IMG_20140910_174001101_zpsd28c3c6a.jpg

I like the idea of the wall lights. I can't do that for my lifts, I was thinking of getting a couple of dock lights to solve the problem.

Auto Transport Service
Back