• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My next problem trunk Key

Canadian1968CoronetR/T

Local time
8:52 PM
Reaction score
When I got my car I only received one key for the trunk, I have been to two auto stores and because of the age of my 1968 coronet they cannot make a new key for me. They have told me to try a lock smith, any ideas from you guys, you have always helped in the past.

You can buy the blanks on E-bay. I have had luck taking blanks to a old hardware store near me. They still have the old key machines. Good luck

If you buy on Ebay/online, make sure you check the letter code on the key against yours. If the letter is different, the cross section is different and it will not work. As mentioned, you could also call around to a couple old lock smiths or older hardware stores. We have an old "lock and safe" store in town that has some old car key blanks. those guys tend to be pack rats and may be your best shot.

I purchased some key blanks @ moparfest,Home Hardware can cut key,s . Should be able to buy blank,s and lock sets from National Moparts in Beaverton.

I had the same problem so I ordered blank keys and went to a old time locksmith and he cut my keys (they worked perfect) and also when looking threw all his stock low and behold he had a few old blanks of his own that would have worked. You never know what will turn up at these little down on the corner shops.

Auto Transport Service
Back