• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

N00b Help weiand intake install

trinity250

Local time
9:24 PM
Reaction score
It looks like I have pretty much everything to do my intake swap on my 67 belvedere II 318 engine. I am going from a 2bbl to Holley 4bbl (600 CFM) my question is not with the intake install its self but with the tranny rod and throttle cable. This new manifold has got to be taller by a few inchs. Will those cables and rods work with the stock mount or do I need a taller mount? I do have the adapters that go on the carb from holley so that should be ok.

Any help would be great I will post pictures if need to help.

Thank you for you help in advance.

Charles

I'm not familiar with the holley adapter kit. when I did mine the throtle cable needed some manipulation but no big deal. The "tranny rod" had to be cut and welded longer, very important for proper transmission operation. If the adapter moves the pin back you should be OK. Be sure to follow the full adjustment procedure with the 3/16" drill in the bellcrank and adjust the intermediate transmission rod first then the throtle rod. Piece of pie, easy as cake. Good Luck.

Thanks is there a link to the tranny adjustment? I just want to make sure I do it right.

Sorry don't know about any e-file or links. I would suggest a manual, maybe from Bishko, or one of the 67 guys. Mine is a 70.

Well if you don't have to keep it stock and since you added an aftermarket intake/carb, i guess you don't have to. You could just add the adjustable throttle and kickdown cables from Jeg's/Summit or Mancini Racing has them also. Very easy to install and Very easy to adjust.

Here are a couple pics of my setup not sure if this is what your looking for. Hopefully it helps.

Attachments

• car parts 001.jpg
    car parts 001.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 205
  • car parts 003.jpg
    car parts 003.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 203
  • car parts 004.jpg
    car parts 004.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 203
Anything you do to move the throttle stud from the original location will throw off the throttle pressure operation. You can remedy it a number of ways so time to get creative!

Hey 250, if your set up is like David's my instruction is way off. I suggest starting a new thread titled 67 kickdown linkage, maybe you'll get more help.

I got it all installed and adjusted the linkage by using the full thottle and linkage push aganst the stop method. Seems to work so far havent drove it much since this. did it after work today just went on a few mile trip. Only problem I have had is a pinging. I reset the timing but am wondering if I need to change the spark plug gap to .045? What would be the best gap for a 318 with this? I seem to have read that some where. I added about three inches to the rod during the install. Not 100% sure but it is running better than stock for the most part it is the fine tuning that is getting me. I set the timing to 10* BTDC as per the specs.

Good job. What you described is pretty much what is trying to be achieved in the adjustment, driving and how it shifts is the real deciding factor. I suggest getting a timing tape for your balancer to check total advance, just to be sure. They don't stay on for long so I make shallow cuts with a hand held hacksaw blade in the 30-35 area. If your distributor is worn or has sloppy advance mechanism it could be doing odd things above 10 degrees at the higher RPMs.

I dropped a new dizzy in it a few weeks ago. However the tape is a great idea I really need to check the advance and adjust it if needed. I also picked up an MSD coil waiting on the resistor part to show up tomorrow and then I will install that. Still trying to find where I read that I should open up the plug gaps. Internet is great but sometimes it is just to big. BTW here is a picture of what has been done so far. I know :worthless_thread: So here are some.

Before
165588_1272702834436_1735878807_511385_2130847_n.jpg

After
207750_1325247308015_1735878807_587450_1307856_n.jpg

And a picture of the car just for the heck of it. I know it is a four door but this thing will be one nice cruiser when it is done for the family.

73735_1210563520992_1735878807_410382_4131581_n.jpg

Hey, 4 doors and good gas mileage is the best for cruising. If you pulled up beside any new car and opened up the back door anyone would be getting in yours. Oh by the way, your before picture's kickdown linkage looks exactly like my 1970's.

just wondering , did you upgrade too electronic ignition?
add a set of headers or high flow manifolds and a mild cam/ dual exsaust/good gas
= no more pinging and many smiling faces on your cruiz night

Auto Transport Service
Back