• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need 440 info.

Reamzer

Local time
11:59 AM
Reaction score
I am currently building a new 440, it will be 10:1 30 over. I am planning on running the mopar 509 camshaft and my new 3400-3800 turbo action torque converter, and a single plane intake. What kind of quarter mile times will I see with this setup and will it still be streetable? It is a 3.73 gear in 4,000 pound car. Thanks - Reamzer

3400-3800 is way to much convertor with that cam, whats the lobe separation and duration

Also what Heads, port work to get even a rough estimate of a 1/4 mike time

probaly invest in a set of aluminum heads, either eddy performer rpm heads or stealth heads. The stealth heads are cheap, so hit or miss on the quality.

I ran a 12.68 with my 66 SW. 4.30:1, 346 template ported heads, 509 cam, 10:1 Sealed Power pistons (heavy), Holley St Dominator, 850 DP Holley, 2" Doug's headers, Hoosier DOT slicks. Through the mufflers. Probably 15-18 years ago.
Mike

I think though not ideal your combo with through together low budget stuff will work pretty good. Personally it'll be quicker with the looser converter. Performance will depend on how good the heads are, if the converter is a decent piece, and what single plane it is. Mid 12's should be attainable.
Doug

I got the converter new for free from Dad. 452s. With heavier duty springs.
If I got the converter free from my Dad, I'm using it no matter what anyone here thinks.

If you have the cam and converter I would use them. I would build the short block with with flat top pistons with valve reliefs and a compression height that puts the piston near zero deck height, then you can have a shortblock that is ready for upgrades like closed chamber heads and larger cams.

Auto Transport Service
Back